Talk

Advanced search

late pregnancy - nesting or resting??

(17 Posts)
MissChief Mon 18-Jul-05 11:03:44

not long to go - part relief part fright! energy levels varying hugely from clearing out cupboards in middle of night to not being able to put breakfast on the table next day for ds & dh - how's everyone else coping esp in the heat?
trying to get all of to do list done in time but too often need to collapse in sweaty heap on sofa...

Nat777 Mon 18-Jul-05 12:53:06

I am 36 weeks today, so dont have long left either. Now I have finished work it feels like a waiting game!

I am very similar though and was up at 6am yesterday to wash all of the net curtains and then chucked DP out of bed at 8.30am so I could wash the bed sheets! Although I do give myself breaks and sit down, my energy seems to last all day! I am sure that will change soon and it doesnt help that our house went on the market this weekend, so I am trying to keep it tidy whilst DP finishes the decorating! Which means that there is ALWAYS something to do!

spidermama Mon 18-Jul-05 12:59:34

I say use that nesting instinct to the absolute max. Soon it will sink without trace. Whatever you can get done now, do it. Best to keep busy.

I remember thinging DH a lunatic because when my waters broke with dd1 he immediately started scrubbing skirting boards and turning cupboards inside out to clean. After dd was born I was so grateful for the organisation and cleanliness as I had so little time for anything.

Also it's a great idea to cook some meals and freeze them for after, if you've got the energy.

Miaou Mon 18-Jul-05 13:10:08

I'm 38+2 weeks now, and have just gone from having bags of energy to having absolutely none -that's down to a bad case of insomnia though! Up until last week I was sleeping 10+ hours per night, now I am lucky if I manage 4!

milward Mon 18-Jul-05 13:16:39

Am 30 wks - feel like getting everything ready - plus getting school lists sorted for dds (have only got one so far). Also want to organise clothes for dd field trip in october - mighty frustrated as this info only given mid - september just before birth of ds4.
For dd3 - I got everything organised by the time I was 38 weeks. Then that night I had her!! Had planned 2 wks of resting instead started the journey of looking after a new baby.

mummyhill Mon 18-Jul-05 13:48:37

I need to get organised i have 7 weeks left to go but cannot get motivated to do anything. Last time i was flitting round doing all the housework, this time i just don't have the energy. Only problem is that this time round the housework is in desperate need of being done whereas last time it didn't as i was tidy and well organised before i had dd.

Redhelen Mon 18-Jul-05 14:03:08

32 weeks today. Hoping for a surge of energy but tired most of the time - managed some gardening earier - now starting on the house!
It's cooler here today which is a god send!

dizietsma Mon 18-Jul-05 14:14:35

Miaou, you and I are at exactly the same stage, I'm 38 + 2 and am having the same sleep disturbances. I keep trying to sleep longer, but I just get woken by SPD pain, hunger or kicks (very active baby). I keep trying to tell myself it's good practice for baby waking me all the time, but that just ends up depressing me more than anything!

Increasing levels of SPD pain has made it so I'm losing a lot of my concerns about giving birth- anything's gotta be better than continuing like this. Problem is, I feel very debilitated by the pain and tiredness. I WANT to nest but end up resting and directing my wonderful DH to do my nesting for me. Don't know what I'd do without him.

Miaou Mon 18-Jul-05 15:35:17

dizietsma - OMG IKWYM about hungry! I was eating marmalade on toast at 2.30am last night!

Feel very sorry for all you SPD sufferers - it's hard enough moving around now without all that extra pain . Fortunately I too have got a dh who makes all my meals and entertains dds (and no toddlers to run round after) - luxury compared to some!

SCRUFF1 Tue 19-Jul-05 13:23:39

Miaou, It is lovely to hear from a kindred spirit! I am 39 weeks and was like you sleeping well thinking I had got away with the disturbed nights. But to no avail, the last two nights I have felt absolutely shattered go to bed cuddling my husband and the minute the light goes out I am wide awake and unable to 'drift off'. Last night was the worst I eventually went off a around 3 am having gone into the spare bedroom as couldn't bare to listen to my husbands heavy breathing whilst in a blissfully deep sleep! I seem to be becoming very bitter! Today however I am absolutely shattered and short tempered, particularly when the washing line 'he' put up last night fell on my head full of wet washing! I am SURE I will laugh about it later!!!

mogwai Wed 20-Jul-05 10:30:31

I have an 18 day old baby. I suffered from SPD from week 21 of the pregnancy. It was agony.

It disappeared about a week after baby was born. I thought that might be welcome news to some of you

Of course, I get bugger all sleep now anyway

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 20-Jul-05 11:00:16

im nearly 27 weeks and spent last night washing and sterilising jessica's old bottles - why????? I dont know! Ill end up doing it all again, but just had the urge to do it!!!

Miaou Wed 20-Jul-05 12:16:23

Scruff, my m/w told me my insomnia could be hormone-related - last night I had a really good night's sleep so maybe my hormones have calmed down a bit now!

Now I am not so tired the nesting instinct has REALLY kicked in again .... fortunately I've got dh around to try and "pace" me a bit so I don't overdo it!

SCRUFF1 Wed 20-Jul-05 17:43:53

Thats really strange I think we must be following a pattern, I too had a good night last night apart from one toilet trip and the odd bit of husband turning when he was snoring!I think my good night was through sheer exhaustion and the introduction of ear plugs!!!

dizietsma Wed 20-Jul-05 18:46:10

Freaky. I had a great sleep binge last night, must be something in the air. I feel so much better today, I was in tears from SPD pain last night. It gets so frustrating, I couldn't get comfortable any way I tried and eventually just passed out from exhaustion.

morningpaper Wed 20-Jul-05 18:58:51

Ohh those nights of SPD pain are awful. I've promised DH I'll sleep in the spare room tonight because he can't cope with all the toilet-trips/tossing and turning/general moaning from my side of the room...

mummyhill Thu 21-Jul-05 13:45:16

OK have started nesting not sure where the energy has come from though have just scrubbed entire kitchen to within an inch of its life with milton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now