Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 37 weeks? What symptoms are you having?

(21 Posts)
Gangle Sat 06-Mar-10 22:25:57

I have really bad pains/pressure in my "lady", like a huge weight is bearing down (guess it is!), painful hips, achy/restless legs at night, lower back pain, increased discharge, enormous sore knockers plus very tired and grumpy. Anyone else have the same or similar? I had DS at 37.5 so on the watch for early labour!

sunshineandshowers Sun 07-Mar-10 09:17:49

exactly the same. 38+4. crying, cant sleep, fanny hurts, i hate dh and pretty much everyone. at least the sun is out!

auroranordlys Sun 07-Mar-10 13:54:28

I feel the same at 37+2; bad pains/ pressure in the pelvic bone/ inside my 'bits', lower back pain and aches, lots of braxton hicks/ on and off tightenings radiating from back to front and painful, hips, tired and very 'touchy feely', counting sheep at night and constantly needing a wee. My first was born at 34+6 with emergency Csection so never been this pregnant and have no comparison. maybe this is the way we are supposed to feel at this time?

Gangle Mon 08-Mar-10 11:18:50

Glad to know I am not alone. I have now picked up the vomiting virus for good measure - spend all of last night with my head down the loo. Feeling very very sorry for myself and increasingly like I want this whole pregnancy malarky over.

humptynumpty Mon 08-Mar-10 22:37:05

I am only 35 weeks and feeling totally crap. So tired but can't sleep, have spent the last week sleeping on sofa bed because can't stand to be in bed with dh, but desparately sad because actually want to be close to him.
Bloody crying all over the place, back hurst, legs ache, braxton hicks all over the place, can't get comfy.....
Wish baby would hurry up and be born, don't remember it being like this before the last 2 times.
Am so sad and fed up sad

Rindercella Mon 08-Mar-10 22:46:04

Oh thanks for this thread. Feel an utter wimp for moaning on so much. I am 37+5 and am feeling utterly crap. All of the above - huge load bearing down on my pelvis, very sore fanjo, weak/painful hips, lots of BHs, achy back, heartburn from hell, need to get up several times a night to wee, on top of all of that am anaemic - barely have the strength or breath to walk up the stairs - and have not had a week without a cold/cough/bug/infection since November.

Feeling really run down and crap and sorry for myself. And I still have to keep poor little DD entertained. Could quite easily spit nails at DH at the moment as he is just not sympathetic enough angry

Sorry others are feeling crap too though.

humptynumpty Mon 08-Mar-10 22:49:04

rindercella is comforting to know am not alone in this.
my dh is feeling totally hard done by, he can't seem to do anything right at the moment. I feel like I am cracking up, obviously I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable but he seems to think it's like living with an emotional time bomb hmm!!

mummyoftwosoon Tue 09-Mar-10 09:30:07

36 weeks here, with big baby apparently.

Lots of downward pressure sometimes, even shooting pains, I wondered if the head was actually in the birth canal a few times :-o

No change with breasts, but mine tend not to fill at all until after birth

Baby digging feet into ribs so much that I'm unable to sit upright at times..

Very very weak bladder.

And gooey discharge, keep checking if it's a show!

Fun

mummyoftwosoon Tue 09-Mar-10 09:32:45

Oh and stress levels!
I don't know if my 3 yr old is acting far more annoying than usual, but I'm constantly having to try and contain anger and frustration.
Feel VERY stressed. Could be with him being bored at home though with me not having energy to take him out..
I'm very prone to shouting and pushing him away if I'm not careful :-/
>>Irritable<<
and constantly tired!

messylittlemonkey Tue 09-Mar-10 11:21:17

Can I join in?!

I'm 37+3 with DC2, due for a ELCS two weeks today.

Got mw appt today and one of my major issues is the position of the baby - was transverse a fortnight ago and was told if same at today's appt, I'll be admitted to hopsital as transverse is dangerous if my waters break. Dreading appt and idea of having to spend time in hospital before birth!

On the aches and pains front, getting loads of BH, heartburn, shotting pains in inner thighs (can't walk sometimes) and a very sore left foot where I think I must be displacing my weight in a strange way. Feels like the sort of injury you might get from doing sport!

Feel very tense, weepy and irritable.

All I can think is that very soon I'll have a lovely new baby and all of this will be worth it!

Good luck to you all!

pandora69 Tue 09-Mar-10 12:09:18

Ah, bless you all! I've got another couple of months to go before the serious symptoms kick in. One thing to think about is it's all designed to make to hate being pregnant so much you would welcome the baby out of any orifice of the body if it meant you could get it out NOW!

I know I hated it all so much last time I have told OH he had better get saving as I will be having all sorts of pampering this time round. I am lucky in that there is a cranial osteopath round here who has a particular interest in pregnant women and newborns so I go to her once a month at the moment for 'maintainance,' and will be going weekly by my last month - it is such pampering! I'm also going to be having foot treatments from a reflexologist. My feet hurt so much last time, and OH kept wittering he was too tired to rub them. hmm So I am going to have them done properly this time, and hope that I will pick up a few labour pain relief tips - apparently there is a pressure point in your big toe which is good for OH to squeeze in labour.

dawny22 Tue 09-Mar-10 14:09:41

i love this site...but never actually wrote on a thread...just read lol!!!
37+4...having all of the above symptoms...oh the joys...braxton hicks are becoming a bit achy aswell today...normally just feel the tightning!!!!
although i love cuddles in the night from my partner...iv become really protective of my bump...and wake up to him askin 'what was that for' lol!!!
good luck everyone...it will all be worth it in the end!!!

amyboo Tue 09-Mar-10 14:18:23

I'm 36+4 today. Fed up with working (am working till 37 weeks). Feel like I might really say something I regret to my generally nice boss before long, as I'm so exasperated with the world. Can't sleep more than about 4 hours at a time, and have started snoring very loudly when I do sleep according to my husband. Feel like tears aren't that far away the entire time. Am walking like a penguin as everything hurts. Oh, and panicking constantly about the prospect of a c-section.

Baby is currently breech. Am booked in for an ECV on Friday (37 weeks). So, if it fails it'll be an ELCS at 39 weeks.

Wow. It felt good to whinge. I should probably add that to my list of symptoms actually - I really feel like a whingebag at the moment.

HoopsAndBelly Tue 09-Mar-10 17:12:38

<waves to amyboo> hello everyone, I'm having spotting, am also 36+4 today and quite worried about it, also having a LOT of discharge, doesn't smell or anything, my bladder empties on it's own sometimes blush am also walking like a penguin cause I have SPD......

Someone shoot me now grin

missytequila Tue 09-Mar-10 19:12:58

I love this thread! I am only 35 weeks, but it seems to be the turning point for me. I have had it so easy this whole pregnancy with no complaints.... until now {grin}

I am not sleeping well...hence my husband thinks I am nuts as I can't make up my mind about anything and am so easily irritated, not to mention complaining about everything.

I too find it hard to even sit sometimes as baby keeps digging into my ribs. I have gotten used to the discharge, but yesterday my breasts started leaking too...

By the way does that mean anything? I didn't know my breasts would already be milky, it seems soon. Does anyone know if that means the baby will come soon?

missytequila Tue 09-Mar-10 19:13:28

I love this thread! I am only 35 weeks, but it seems to be the turning point for me. I have had it so easy this whole pregnancy with no complaints.... until now {grin}

I am not sleeping well...hence my husband thinks I am nuts as I can't make up my mind about anything and am so easily irritated, not to mention complaining about everything.

I too find it hard to even sit sometimes as baby keeps digging into my ribs. I have gotten used to the discharge, but yesterday my breasts started leaking too...

By the way does that mean anything? I didn't know my breasts would already be milky, it seems soon. Does anyone know if that means the baby will come soon?

humptynumpty Tue 09-Mar-10 22:09:34

missytequila don't think leaking milk is a particular sign of anything happening straight away. I had this for all my pregnancies towards the end.

dawny22 Thu 11-Mar-10 14:39:36

missytequila...i started leakin milk really early...think at about 27/28 weeks...just think every1 is different!!!
been to the midwive 2day..37+6...next appointment day before due date (25th) so hope baby comes before then...im so excited .......finding it so so hard to get comfortable..lying down used to do the trick (not anymore)amyboo apparently i have started snoring...partner actually recorded me on his phone as i was addamant i dont snore lol blush

steph1512 Fri 12-Mar-10 22:05:32

37+2 and feeling the same.

lots of bh feels like a weight down there and im waddling baby 2/5engaaged apparently!

aching alot! not sleeping! weeing at least every hr! lots of discharge tmi sorry!

2dds under 4 which is a struggle just now.

and generally v.irritable, feel like my dh is v.annoying most of the time. and im even annoying myself with my grumpyness/moaning!!

crossing everything i get back to my normal self once baby arrives n not more tired..if thats poss

Cathy169 Mon 09-Oct-17 12:48:43

I'm 37+1 and feeling the same , hormones have been all over the place don't know wether to laugh or cry or scream at times , don't ever wanna move from bed and constantly eating comfort food even when I'm not hungry !!! But serious question has anyone else ever felt like your belly weighs a ton and it's weighing you down so you just need to lie on your side for something else to hold the weight or is it just me

ashaj92 Wed 11-Oct-17 22:53:19

Love the fact this thread is 7 years old but I can totally relate with all of it!!
I’m 37 weeks tomorrow with first baby. Back pain, sore bits, hip pain, rib pain, constipated to the eyeballs and heartburn so bad I’m convinced I’m carrying a baby chewbacca!! 😂
Yep cathy169 currently laying in bed with my massive maternity pillow to try and ease some of the pressure and heavy weight of the bump 😩 so ready for this baby to come now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now