Talk

Advanced search

When should i tell my work that im pg?

(9 Posts)
marne Sat 16-Jul-05 20:07:13

Found out last week that im pg, realy dont want to tell my boss as last time i had alot of time off. I work in a bakery making gluten free cakes, i have to do alot of lifting, and i have to taste raw egg products. Should i tell them yet or just cary on as normal for a month or so?

hunkermunker Sat 16-Jul-05 20:07:49

Personally, I'd tell them. They can't sack you and you don't want to be tasting raw egg or lifting things.

hunkermunker Sat 16-Jul-05 20:08:00

And congratulations!

charleepeters Sat 16-Jul-05 20:08:08

tell him if your job envolves lifting ect, you dont want to put the baby at risk.

marne Sat 16-Jul-05 20:14:39

Dh wanted me to wait until i was 3 months, i dont think i could keep my mouth shut anyway as i am so pleased. I just dont want to let anyone down as we are so busy at the moment and if i cant lift anything im going to be useless.

Nemo1977 Sat 16-Jul-05 20:17:33

marne tell them now and u then dont have to worry about lifting if they deem u useless then they r obliged to put u in a safer working environment or if they send u home they still have to pay u. i know waiting till 3mths sounds better but the risks just are not worth it

LadyLazarus Sat 16-Jul-05 20:47:03

I'm a nurse, so my job also involves lifting etc and I told my work as soon as I found out I was pregnant (about 7 or 8 weeks I think). You can choose to only tell your boss, you don't have to tell everyone you work with if you'd rather keep it a secter til 3 months. I was quite glad I told people tho, as they didn't expect me to lift heavy things etc and were generally fairly understanding when the nausea + vomiting came on

LadyLazarus Sat 16-Jul-05 20:47:33

sorry, for 'secter' read 'secret'... dodgy pregnancy typing

munz Sat 16-Jul-05 21:00:07

my job involves a lot of lifitng and chucking boxes etc around, i'e told all of the work staff in the factory and the office manager but not the bosses (they all know the bosses don't know) and respect my decision to tell the boss at 12 weeks, purely as we'll be over the summer season by then which is our busiest and into winter for trainin,

is there anyone else u work with who'd do that for u? - our office manager's agreed to do all lifting etc until the lad we have comes back. best to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now