Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Want to play music!

(7 Posts)
AnotherHelen Mon 11-Jul-05 11:29:18

Has/does anyone play music to there baby in the womb? if so what sort is the most popular? i never really did this with my other 2, except for my dp's love for anything eminem with my first - and still ds1 loves eminem 5 years later! (wasnt intended, poor child! ) - would like to try something a little more serene this time! just wandered what would be nice to play, something that i dont mind listening to for a long time obviously! dont really know where to start?

Iklboo Mon 11-Jul-05 11:33:36

I've had a go earlier on. I was on a train to London and stuck the seat radio headphones on my bump! They recommend some kind of classical music though - like The Four Seasons or something like that. Mind you - we took bump to see Kings of Leon the other week. Last Saturday some KOL came on the TV and junior started kicking and squirming about.
If YOU like the music and it makes you feel relaxed & happy, then it should do the same for the baby.

novadandypowder Mon 11-Jul-05 12:30:18

my poor bump has so far been subjected some live Motorhead and Nine Inch Nails, and next month it's off to see The Stooges. Add to that DH's DJ hobby and it gets a mix of electro and rock. I agree with Iklboo - go for something you like. Mozart may stimulate it's intellectual growth, but it would drive me crazy

Chuffed Mon 11-Jul-05 12:40:30

I tried to play some 'easier listening' style music for dd like Norah Jones, David Gray, Jack Johnson as well as dance music which I danced around to as well. Going to the gym and doing classes added to the music she got to hear regularly.
dd loves anything with a good beat now.

Miaou Mon 11-Jul-05 12:48:58

Mozart is supposed to be the thing to play to your babies - but tbh just play the sort of thing you like to listen to! Most kinds of music are stimulating to a baby's brain - I think heavy metal is an exception though

RedZuleika Mon 11-Jul-05 13:15:20

I think if you want to stimulate intellectual growth, you're supposed to play Mozart / Baroque music. Something to do with the complicated range of notes. Mine starts dancing around to Louis Armstrong though - not sure if this is praise or criticism.

AnotherHelen Mon 11-Jul-05 14:11:46

I think Iklboo's idea is right. to play something i like anyway and that way she will like it too! - im quite into some of the chilled out stuff so hopefully i can find something that i wont mind listening to for a while! plus i really couldnt sit and listen to hours of mozart - my mum has always played that sort of thing since i was very small maybe even before i was born, and i can honestly say i really cant stand it! I just heard though through someone that if you play the same music/album all the time throughout your pregnancy, then when he/she is born they will recognise the sounds and it makes them feel relaxed and generally sends them off to sleep (obviously not if its heavy rock! ) just thought id try and find out how many people actually do or have done it! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now