Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone got a birth pool hire/buy recommendation?

(8 Posts)
wilbur Sat 09-Jul-05 16:20:31

Planning a home birth in a few weeks, and researching birth pools. I like the look of the inflatable ones that you buy but are they sturdy enough? I'm 5'8" and my midwife said that the standard inflatable would probably be a bit small for me. However, I have found a company that sells a larger one that claims to be good for women up to 5'9". Alternatively, I could splurge on hiring on of the heated, filtered pools that I can have set up and ready, although they seeem very big. Would really like to hear from waterbirthers/pupuce/mears about what you used, pros and cons annything I should consider. BTW, this is a third baby, so I'm hoping for not too long a labour.

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Jul-05 16:21:21

Wilbur, I talked about mine, heated, filtered one, recently, hang on, I'll see if I can find it.

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Jul-05 16:22:55

I didn't find it but did find this old thread

fishfinger Sat 09-Jul-05 16:23:29

ill ask pph

hunkermunker Sat 09-Jul-05 16:24:31

Ooh, v interested in this! Will watch with interest

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Jul-05 16:26:39

found it! I posted some FAQ links on there too

wilbur Sat 09-Jul-05 16:42:51

Thanks www - I forgot there was a separate childbirth section and had only checked the pregnancy bit for recent threads. Lots of useful info - esp. like the faq's. Any more recommendations?

bossykate Sat 09-Jul-05 16:43:27

go for a solid, heated, filtered one if you possibly can. i had one of these and it was fantastic. since i spent most of the labour hanging on to the sides for dear life during the contractions - i just can't get my head round the concept of an inflatable. plus, if you get one of these it is set up and ready to go whenever you want to use it. wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now