Talk

Advanced search

Baby Beats Doppler hire

(5 Posts)
teuch Fri 08-Jul-05 12:45:52

Hi...has anyone hired a doppler from babybeats? I have just ordered one to hire, and belatedly thought of getting feedback from here!

Someone had mentioned getting one with a display...any idea if the BB doppler comes with that? It doesn't say on the website and I can't tell from the picture as don't know what I'm looking for!

ChaCha Fri 08-Jul-05 16:22:17

Hiya Teuch,
I just ordered mine from there last week. No monitor though, but a great service. Received it the next day and am very pleased with it.

teuch Sat 09-Jul-05 10:52:06

I am struggling to get to grips with mine! I get the wooshing sound (comes in waves?) and i get a heartbeat but I think it might be mine...

I am fllowing all the tips, right on pubic bone, lots of gel, moving slowly...just not convinced I am doing it right!!

Any hints? I am 10+5

Nemo1977 Sat 09-Jul-05 10:56:54

when u go on ur pubic bone leave it in one place for a bit then dont move doppler but point it in different directions around ur tum...u will deffo know the babies as it sounds like a train so a lot faster than ur own. if nothing then move it over a little bit as baby is soo small at 10/11wks that if u go too fast u could miss it. I always found if i got the whooshing..biut like a gail in ur tum then baby was never far.

bayleaf Sat 09-Jul-05 18:42:38

Agree with Nemo - you 'll probably know it when you hear it - IS very like a train. If you go to www.mybump.co.uk ( sorry, too lazy to do a link!) then look under 'sounds' you can hear recordings of heart beats and that really helped me - at 10 weeks I found it but it wasn't easy and took ages the first few times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now