Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heartbeat at early scan but sac measuring small

(5 Posts)
wendy11 Fri 08-Jul-05 10:59:53

I had an early scan this morning as this is an IVF pregnancy. There is a heartbeat but the sac is measuring small. We lost our little boy at 23 weeks last September and at the moment it just feels like it is going to happen all over again and I am going to lose his pg also. I have to go back next Friday morning for another scan and don't know how I am ever going to make it through the week. I feel completley numb and can't even cry. Has anyone had a similar experience with an early scan and gone on to have a positive outcome.

anchovies Fri 08-Jul-05 11:27:04

No experience or advice I'm afraid but will bump this in case someone else knows. Hugs to you

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 11:28:50

i didn't have this, but can certainly recall a few other people posting about it... and having positive outcomes!
didn't mears sister have something similar?

berolina Fri 08-Jul-05 11:34:11

wendy i'm sorry you have to go through this worry.
how many weeks are you? did the hospital explain the implications of the size of the sac?
i don't know about the sac, but it might be some comfort to you to know that seeing a heartbeat reduces the chances of mc substantially.

charellie Fri 08-Jul-05 11:40:27

I have twins by IVF and had an early scan at 6 weeks. One sac was the correct size with a very clear heart beat and the other was unclear and they could just make out a heart beat. I was also bleeding.

It was a very scary time but I had a scan a week later and both sacs were clear and both had heart beats. My twins were born at 38 weeks and are now nearly 3 years.

Do they know why you lost your last pregnancy?

I hope all goes well with the next scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now