Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Poor terrified baby??

(11 Posts)
AnotherHelen Wed 06-Jul-05 16:04:13

I went and saw War of the Worlds last night and i have to say im a bit of a wimp anyway but it was a pretty scary film and it made me jump a few times (very good film though!) my heart was racing almost all the way through it and poor baby was wriggling most of the way through too! it didn't occur to me until about half way through the film - would this poor baby be feeling totally terrified as they pick up on your emotions dont they?? Poor little thing could here all these loud scary noises and my heart pounding! God i hope he/she doesnt need therapy before she's even born!

colditz Wed 06-Jul-05 16:06:11

probably wriggling with excitement at all the extra adrenalin!

Don't worry, it won't cause any mental problems, I spent my entire pregnancy in a state of extreme stress, ds was the most smiley placid baby ever!

Hausfrau Wed 06-Jul-05 16:07:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cupcakes Wed 06-Jul-05 16:11:12

i remember being worried that I was scaring ds by playing tombraider 2 - I couldn't handle all the baddies jumping out at me and had to give it up!

zubb Wed 06-Jul-05 16:14:35

It will have been the noise that got baby moving! I've been to a few football matches through this pregnancy and the baby has moved for the entire time for all of them!
With ds1 the biggest kicks I got were when we were at a firework display

AnotherHelen Wed 06-Jul-05 16:24:40

Aww hee hee hee i have to sya i was trying to cover up bump but i just felt like i was subjecting her/him to a horrible ordeal! but he/she probably was reacting to all the noise as it was pretty noisy! poor little thing! xx

lulabelle Fri 08-Jul-05 14:31:57

I have recently been on holiday and went to a theme park, I went on big rides that scared the life out of me! vertical drops which make your stomach lurch etc. I didn't know I was pregnant and spent the following weeks worrying! My 12 week scan was ok but it plays on my mind what damage I may have caused. I have just seen this thread and wondered if any of you think - apart from the fact it was totally irresponsible! I wouldn't have done it if I knew, I'm such a worryguts as a rule!

Iklboo Fri 08-Jul-05 14:40:03

'Took' bump to see War of The Worlds on Sunday. Had quite a few wriggles. I didn't find it too scary (DH had nightmares though . It was definitely far more lively when we went to see Batman Begins the week before. I think it was all the loud noises

hester Fri 08-Jul-05 14:47:48

My baby was kicking around like the clappers yesterday morning, when I was stuck in town surrounded by sirens and helicopters. Not sure whether it was my stress reaction or all the noise. Have consoled myself that baby can't tell bad noise from good noise, and was maybe just dancing around to the unexpected party

hester Fri 08-Jul-05 14:48:47

Should probably clarify that 'town' means, in this case, Central London. Not sure Guildford High Street would have elicited the same reaction...

QueenOfQuotes Fri 08-Jul-05 14:51:29

Took Bump1 (at 8 months pg) to watch the Edinburgh Tattoo

Took Bump2 - at 6 months pg - to see Terminator 3 oh and then Bump2 was subjected to me LITERALLY bouncing round the living room screaming and shouting just 1 week before due date on the day we won the Rugby World cup LOL

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: