Talk

Advanced search

What did you crave?

(66 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Wed 06-Jul-05 15:45:45

Salt and Vinegar snack-a-jacks.
I have just troughed two packets and I can't get enough of them!

I'm eight weeks pregnant and I had forgotten what this was like, now it's all come flooding back. Poor dh he hates it when I am like this.
Now what else can I eat?..........

HappyHuggy Wed 06-Jul-05 15:46:36

popadoms and the mint yoghurt stuff you get with them mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dyzzidi Wed 06-Jul-05 15:48:22

Cherries and sushi rice (I do pick the raw fish of it first.)

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 15:49:10

icecream (i don't like it normally, especially not vanilla)
citrus fruits

expatinscotland Wed 06-Jul-05 15:50:32

Bacon. Heavy foods like a Chinese takeaway, curries, and chilli. Bread with loads of butter. Spag bol.

Fruits and salads? Yuk.

Nik72 Wed 06-Jul-05 15:51:55

FOOD and lots of it.....the stodgier the better. Used to raid the fridge in the middle of the night!

teeavee Wed 06-Jul-05 15:53:30

I never ate as much as when I was pregnant/breatfeeding. Felt hungry ALL the time!
went through a major pancackes-for-breakfast phase - standing at the stove stuffing myself from 09.30 till 11.00am!!!

Nik72 Wed 06-Jul-05 15:55:50

Oh yes. Christmas was fantastic, i've never eaten so much & no guilt! Made up (slightly) for being off the booze. Had to make a concerted effort to cut back after i stopped BF though at least my appetite did decrease!

Chuffed Wed 06-Jul-05 15:56:11

Oh MrsD I was totally salt and vinegar crisps of any sort with dd, with this one it was cheese, salad sandwiches, then went on to Egg Mayo sandwiches now back to cheese sandwiches. I have REALLY enjoyed summer fruit as well like strawberries - oooh and cocopops.
As long as you aren't nauseous who cares what you eat!

Lizzylou Wed 06-Jul-05 15:58:34

With Ds, lots of stodgy pasta, and cheese and salad cream sandwiches (!) and so many cakes and chocolates..........no wonder I put on over 4 1/2 stone!
Too early to say with this one, but have lost my appetite at the mo...very unusual for me!

MrsDoolittle Wed 06-Jul-05 15:59:57

Maybe you have a boy this time chuffed!
This is sooo the same as last time.

I am now wondering whether to pop into the salt and vinegar square crisps - but I don't think I should.
I have bought stuff for a ham salad this evening but I can stand the thought at the moment

womba1 Wed 06-Jul-05 16:01:03

I'm currently ploughing my way through celery sticks smothered in cheese spread and pickled onion Monster Munch crisps.
Plays havoc with the indegestion and heartburn, but the 6 pints of milk a day are almost combatting that!!

Piccalilli Wed 06-Jul-05 16:06:53

avocados and chocolate....but not together

ninah Wed 06-Jul-05 16:07:18

preg 1 Branston
preg 2 horseradish sauce
preg 3 ALL FOOOD! esp spicy

MrsDoolittle Wed 06-Jul-05 16:08:44

Now pickled onion monster munch.......theres a thing!!

bundle Wed 06-Jul-05 16:18:28

pg 1 gallons of milk, went off coffee/citrus fruits
pg 2 loved tinned red salmon sandwiches and meat, esp red meat

(had girls both times)

lucy5 Wed 06-Jul-05 16:21:38

gallons of milk,
krackawheat, no other cracker would do!
Belgian buns
chocolate digestives with extra extra mature cheddar on top!

colditz Wed 06-Jul-05 16:22:48

Milk
Cheese
Yoghurt
Cake
Cornflakes (only Co-op's)
Granny Smith's apple peel!

colditz Wed 06-Jul-05 16:23:20

And the smell of unused teabags made me want to retch.

SaintGeorge Wed 06-Jul-05 16:26:45

Cauliflower cheese - though for some reason it had to be Birds Eye. Poor DH hunted all over town for it until the lady at the local shop (bless her) ordered a case in especially for me. Unfortunately went off the stuff the following week but didn't have the nerve to tell her, tooks us months to finish them all off.

tarantula Wed 06-Jul-05 16:28:17

I craved porridge and sometimes got dp to make it for me for tea as I couldnt have it for brekkie as we had no facilities for making it at work and the instant stuff is horrid. Also liked gingernut biscuits first thing in the morning but then not sure if that was a pg craving or an excuse
Went off all spicy food and mackeral.

Blu Wed 06-Jul-05 16:47:45

Pineapple

And v cold things.

Tommy Wed 06-Jul-05 16:50:06

plain hula hoops with DS1
Mars bars with DS2

completely went off cauliflower - smell of it made me feel sick and couldn't drink coffee at all!

potty1 Wed 06-Jul-05 16:52:34

Ds1- full fat milk by the bucket
Ds2- Oranges but only the big, thick-skinned Naval ones from M&S.
Dd- fresh cream cakes particularly cream horns. Used to buy two with my shopping and eat them in Sainsbury's car park.

SaintGeorge Wed 06-Jul-05 16:53:30

Oh yeah, forgot the Mars bars. Bought those in multipacks and hoarded them away. If DH dared to eat a single bar he had to buy a new pack to make it up to me or I sulked big time.

Chip spice - lovely hot peppery stuff that the local burger bars sprinkle liberally on the fries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now