Talk

Advanced search

upset tummy question - don't read if squeamish!!

(7 Posts)
teuch Mon 04-Jul-05 14:58:05

I am 10wks pg and I have posted before about the cramps and diarrhea I have had for the last few weeks and got lots of reassuring responses...

I tend to get pain on my left side which passes after I go to the loo or pass wind - however, at the weekend this got worse - severe tummy cramps, fever, diarrhea and sickness - it passed, but this morning I had soft stools with lots of mucus.

I can't get appt with GP til end of week and just not sure whether I should try for an emergency appt or not...

horseshoe Mon 04-Jul-05 15:24:31

Im not sure if this is the same but I have had a really awful stomach upset which has involved diorehha...it's gone right through my family.

I also get a lot of side pain and i'm sure it's nothing to worry about but probably worth getting checked out

expatinscotland Mon 04-Jul-05 15:36:08

I also had a stomach virus w/one sided pain and ended up in hospital when I was 13 weeks along - b/c I could not stop vomitting and retched blood. That was 3 weeks ago.

But it went as quickly as it came.

Something is deffo making the rounds - my ILs got it first, then DD, then DH, then me.

dramaqueen72 Mon 04-Jul-05 16:02:59

teuch its always worth a phone call to midwife i think.......sounds like 'normal' tummy bug but to reassure you I'd phone.

SaintGeorge Mon 04-Jul-05 16:07:28

Probably a run of the mill bug - but if it has persisted for some time then you should really have it checked out. Your GP (or probably midwife if quicker) can arrange for a stool sample to be tested.

My main concern from your description would be an ecoli infection which, left untreated, could cause lasting damage. Get it checked out, better safe than sorry.

teuch Mon 04-Jul-05 16:27:55

thanks for the responses - I have appt with GP on THurs and will leave a message for mw in the meantime.

I am quite prone to bowel irritations anyway although never diagnosed...for now I am sticking to soup, bread and water! Little bit crampy today which is not really new - been cramping from 4wks and saw baby at 9wks doing away fine!

BUT...How on earth do I get a sample into one of those little bottles!!??

SaintGeorge Mon 04-Jul-05 16:38:31

On the off chance that that was a serious question ....

do it in a bucket. The jars have a special little spoon attached to the lid. You only need one little scoop - no need to fill the jar right up despite what many people seem to think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now