Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stiffness

(5 Posts)
jai38 Fri 01-Jul-05 09:19:04

hi, this might be a silly question but it is beginning to drive me mad. I am 23/24 weeks pregnant and sleeping well apart from toilet stops, but have no trouble getting back to sleep or comfortable. But when I wake up in the middle of the night or the morning I am so stiff it feels like I did a ten mile hike the day before. It is taking me a good couple of minutes to be able to acutally move and is getting worse - quite frustrating when you need to go!!!!

Any advice would be received gratefully

Nemo1977 Fri 01-Jul-05 09:21:04

hi
no advice as such just sympathy i had this with ds and it seems to be returning now even tho i am only 16wks. Its weird cos mine got to point last time where i felt like i had pregnancy arthritis..mw said it canbe normal due to where baby lies or extra stress on joints.

Miaou Fri 01-Jul-05 09:37:35

jai, have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your legs? I got to about your gestation and hit the same problems with stiffness, but found it made a huge difference once I used that extra pillow! I just use an ordinary one, tuck one end between my legs and the top half under my bump. I'm now 35+ weeks and it's still working, despite my increase in size!

jai38 Fri 01-Jul-05 09:42:49

Hi Miaou

I have been using a pillow for about two weeks and it helped to start with but has been getting worse now for about a week. The pillow def helped with sleeping through and comfort!

Miaou Fri 01-Jul-05 09:47:01

Where is the stiffness? Mine really helped because the stiffness was in my hips/pelvic region.

Maybe you need a bigger pillow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now