Talk

Advanced search

Brown discharge - help!

(19 Posts)
squandersix Wed 29-Jun-05 14:43:53

I'm anywhere between 6-8 weeks, depending on whether I go by LMP or my early scan last week. Last week I had a mmc in Jan and then a blighted ovum in October. I went to the loo this morning and there was a light brown discharge when I wiped (TMI-sorry!). I'm beside myself with worry - can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

starlover Wed 29-Jun-05 14:45:33

if you're worried then go to hospital.

I had the same thing at 6 weeks, following a miscarriage a few months earlier. it turned into red blood and i went to hospital.
had a scan and they said they could see no reason for bleed, but baby was fine!

sometimes you do get a bit of blood when your period would have been due. brown means old blood though, not new!

mogwai Wed 29-Jun-05 14:46:39

I had exactly this, but at 15 weeks.

I was seen by the GP and sent to the early pregnancy unit at hospital - turned out fine.

Try ringing your EPU and asking for advice. At the stage you are at, I'm not sure a scan would show anything up. They might want you to wait and see, sorry if that's not much help

Mosschops30 Wed 29-Jun-05 14:48:13

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Wed 29-Jun-05 15:06:31

hi hun contat hospital and get checked out i had bleeding with ds quite heavy from 7-9 wks and there was no reason for it i now have a hyper 20mth old so obviously did no harm..just get check out for your own sanity..
hugs

Lizzylou Wed 29-Jun-05 15:08:34

I had this at 8 weeks, rang GP's who got me in for a scan that PM, DS is now 15mths....have been amazed by how many women have the same thing...
Call GP to put your mind at rest, try not to worry too much x

paolosgirl Wed 29-Jun-05 15:12:15

I had exactly the same thing at about 8 weeks - it lasted a few days and then disppeared, but I was frantic with worry. I had a scan and it was fine - DS is now 8. I lost my third baby sadly, so I know the fear you're feeling. Does your hospital have an early pregnancy unit? I'm sure they will see you quickly, given what you've already gone through with your other pregnancies. Good luck, and fingers crossed

squandersix Wed 29-Jun-05 15:23:55

Thank you all so much.
I'll give the doc a call.
Fingers crossed.
xx

Mama5 Wed 29-Jun-05 15:28:42

Squandersix, I have just got back from a visit to the midwife where I sat and cried because I am experiencing the same as you. It started at 6.5 weeks and every couple of days I have a bit more (TMI WARNING) I even took a bit to show her . She shrugged it off and said brown was fine! I am extremely nervous and not a happy bunny but she said try to be positive. I had Missed m/c in november and no bleeding! Hope this helps...

MINNIE1 Wed 29-Jun-05 16:06:27

Hope you go to your doctor and all is ok with your bean.
sticky baby dust
x*x*x*x*x*x
*x*x*x*x*x
*x*x*x*x
*x*x*x*
*x*x*x
*x
x

hester Wed 29-Jun-05 16:09:35

I had this for SIX WEEKS starting at ten weeks. Having had early miscarriage a couple of months previously, I was out of my mind. The midwife didn't seem bothered, though, and sure enough it eventually stopped. Am now 24 weeks...

I know it's really worrying, and obviously you need to check it out, but the others are right that brown blood is usually a much better sign than red blood. The odds are that you'll be fine

missycantstop Wed 29-Jun-05 21:46:54

i had this at 11weeks went to hospital 2b checked found out my placenta had started to seperate.
they wasnt sure what was going to happen but told me it was very unlikely that i would make it to 20weeks. they also said it would be amazing if my placenta was to rejoin.
i did make it to my 20week scan to find out the placenta had rejoined and i now have 4weeks left.
i dont want to scare or worry you but it is better to be checked. good luck.

squandersix Thu 30-Jun-05 09:27:01

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, I'm sorry to say I had a miscarriage last night. It's number three for me, so maybe I can have some tests done now. Having three autoimmune disorders already, it mightn't be a bad idea to be tested for 'sticky blood' syndrome.
Hope you all stay well and healthy.
Thank you again.
xx

dyzzidi Thu 30-Jun-05 09:30:12

thinking of you squandersix. Ihope you get all the support you need.

Take care of yourself

Mamatoto Thu 30-Jun-05 09:31:07

You poor thing Squandersix. I really feel for you.Look after yourself as much as you can today. Do you have any children yet?

squandersix Thu 30-Jun-05 09:38:08

Hi Mamatoto
No chidren, yet. Trying to stay hopeful. I'll give it another couple of goes after the tests (I seem to fall pregnant by just looking at my husband ). Going to investigate adoption too. Any tips or pointers?
Thanks
xx

hester Thu 30-Jun-05 20:22:55

Oh squandersix, I'm so very sorry . Feel bad that I was so blithely reassuring now; you must be feeling devastated. I hope that now you will get some good medical attention that will ensure this won't happen to you again. Big hugs and take care xxx

MINNIE1 Fri 01-Jul-05 09:25:39

squandersix,

How are you feeling?

So sorry to hear your news, Hope they start your test ASAP. A friend of mine had 3MC and done test to find that she had to go on hormones. She is now due to give bith any day.

squandersix Fri 01-Jul-05 10:20:13

Thanks everyone.
I'm not feeling too bad but then waterworks can come on when you least expect them.
Everyone's been lovely and keeping me distracted in an upbeat way.
I'll definitely push for those tests and I'll hopefully be back again soon for a lot longer.
Max
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now