Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sml baby at 1st scan. advice

(2 Posts)
CarlyP Wed 29-Jun-05 13:12:30

Hi, this isnt for me (2babies already!)

but my sil thought she was 13wks, tested 2wks after sex and got a +ve. fab so far. now her scan says she is only 11wks. how would she has got a positive at 4 wks, as that would have only been day of conception according to scan dates.

anyone been through similar?

tia

cx

teuch Wed 29-Jun-05 16:27:06

okay, I know it is wrong to assume but here goes...

Assuming she only had sex that one time, then perhaps the baby is just needing a growth spurt, may have been at a bad angle for measuring or could have stopped developing at 11 weeks - presumably there was a heartbeat so that's unlikely...

Assuming she had sex more than once, she ovulated late, got her +ve as early as 7days after conception and her measurements are only slightly out (mine were 8+6, 9+1 and 9+3 at the same scan!)

If she is still concerned, ask her MW for blood work - rising HcG levels are the best indicator of a normal, progressing pregnancy.

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now