Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

heavy sore belly

(7 Posts)
forevermore Sat 25-Jun-05 21:57:23

I am 31 weeks and for past 4 days have had difficulty walking since i feel incredible abdominal pressure / soreness not quite pain, but like my belly is weight lifting. very low down too...anyobe experienced this?

worried it means labour is ready to start. however no back pain or cramping, just this incredible weight sensation

forevermore Sun 26-Jun-05 05:23:38

anyone????

Nat777 Sun 26-Jun-05 16:58:21

I am 32 +6 and although my bump sometimes feels really heavy and awkward I havent had actual soreness. Although it does sometimes feel very hard, low down.

I am sorry I cannot help but would suggest that if you are worried you should phone your midwife. Let us know how you get on.

Redhelen Sun 26-Jun-05 17:17:09

Hi

I 29 weeks and have a achy heavy sensation if I'm up and about for too long - I've put this down to stress on my c-section scar - but It may not be. Can you check with you midwife or call in to maternity hospital just to check you hav'nt started contracting. Take care Helenx

SweetFudge Sun 26-Jun-05 23:06:08

I'm 31 weeks and 6 days, FM. I've had soreness and rather bad cramping pain on and off very low down as well for the past week and a half - just the pelvic area. It comes and goes during the day. Baby is moving around in there as usual so am not worried.

We're at the stage where the baby is growing most rapidly and the soreness/abdominal pressure may be from stretching muscles.

But do call your midwife or antenatal unit to ease your mind. Even if you have to go in to get yourself and baby checked out, at least you'll know for certain what is going on.

Hope it eases up for you.

jabberwocky Sun 03-Jul-05 13:42:37

I had that with ds. It was as if my belly suddenly got very hard and it was very uncomfortable. I did go in to get checked when it first started as I just felt really funny. At the time I was actually having early labour. Once they got it stopped I went on to carry ds full term with no other early labour at all. However, the heavy, hard feeling never went away! I wound up wearing one of those support belts which helped some.

Paddysmum Wed 06-Jul-05 13:59:47

I am 30 weeks today and was only experiencing that heavy sore feeling very low down in my bump last week. I phoned my midwife and she thought it sounded like the beginnings of a water infection. She advised that I should drink two pints of water over the next hour to try and flush it out, which I did. It did seem to do the trick but I would always say get checked out if anything like that continues. Have noticed though that all of us experiencing similair discomfort are around the same stage of pregnancy and I think most of it is down to ligaments and muscles stretching

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: