Talk

Advanced search

natural induction - what are the best ways?

(21 Posts)
missycantstop Sat 25-Jun-05 13:34:52

Im fed up with being pregnant im constantly in pain as i have spd and i just cant wait to have this baby has anyone any ideas how to bring on labour?

littlerach Sat 25-Jun-05 14:00:31

Raspberry leaf tea.
Fresh pineapple.
Curry.
Sex.

Not sure if any of them work though!

sanchpanch Sat 25-Jun-05 15:38:12

if you dont like the tea you can get rasberry leaf tablets from holland and barrartt

ediemay Sat 25-Jun-05 15:57:51

Sex, boucing on a gym ball, crawling, acupuncture - none of it worked for me but I tried! Good luck

starrynight Sat 25-Jun-05 16:10:33

Driving over a bumpy road / long journey apparently. Ideally:

Drive a long way along a potholed track to an Indian restaurant

Eat a vindaloo

While drinking Raspberry leaf tea (strong)

Finish off with very fresh pineapple (young/green pineapple is ideal but yucky)

Go home for a shagfest

Then see what happens!

starrynight Sat 25-Jun-05 16:11:12

BTW nothing will work unless you are imminently going to go into labour anyway - but could speed up the early stages.

Good luck

lunachic Sat 25-Jun-05 16:23:18

i drank buckets (and i mean buckets !) of rasberry leaf tea and both mine were late (+9 and +7)
but i very sucessfully used a little diy to induce dd (as its not just sex but clitoral stimulation that releases the right hormone-apparently nipple stimulation too !
its always worth a try {grin]

lunachic Sat 25-Jun-05 16:27:00

rlt is brilliant btw it tones your uterus and both time the midwives were totally shocked that my contractions were further apart than expected(actually than they had ever seen at 6cm dilated and at full dilation
the first midwife i had said i probably had 8 hours to go when i was fully dilated cause i was so calm and my contractions were 3 mins apart !!

starrynight Sat 25-Jun-05 16:28:54

Ooh yes, forgot nipple stimulation. Has to be done for at least 2 hrs though iirc to have an effect..so ahem, prepare for numb nipples!

lunachic Sat 25-Jun-05 16:30:02

too much for me lol i used my discreet 'friend 'instead !!

cupcakes Sat 25-Jun-05 16:30:43

I heard that one of the reasons sex is good is that semen contains something which helps to softens the cervix.

lunachic Sat 25-Jun-05 17:02:09

did want sex but my dp was to scared that hed burst me there and then !!

Fran1 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:04:07

Walk walk walk.

I went into labour 14 days after due date. Had tried every method under the sun except for walking - becuase i felt to big to bother to walk.

Finally the day before induction (which desperately did not want) i went for a long brisk walk in some woods with dp purposefully to get baby out and it worked, woke up the nest morning in labour!

But of course that could have had absolutely nothing to do with the walking

Nbg Sat 25-Jun-05 17:06:07

Reflexology worked for me.

Lot's of toe pinching

lunachic Sat 25-Jun-05 17:07:27

yeah walking good this worked for ds !

dramaqueen72 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:58:00

theres an american restaurant that swears its dish with aubergine in send pg women into labour...so eat aubergine! pizza express make a nice dish with it in so its edible (because frankly its not very tasty is it?) and I second the walking thing, really get baby LOW down!

missycantstop Sat 25-Jun-05 19:32:34

last night i tried rlt and pineapple and sex had nothing. Tonight im trying curry, rlt, a hot bath, evening primrose oil and sex (if im lucky) if that doesnt work i cant see anything working.

KMS Sat 25-Jun-05 19:47:27

It's not nice, but castor oil is supposed to work. I did try it last time and spent the rest of the day on the toilet!! Then watched a billy connolly dvd and laughed so much my waters broke! still no contractions for 24 hrs though but wasn't induced.
I did find a sweep helped things to start with my DS2 but depends if you class that as natural or not. RLT is also very worth while.

missycantstop Sat 25-Jun-05 19:52:38

it sounds bad as i already have 2 children but what does a contraction feel like i have not even had a practice one b4 also what is it like to have stitches?

starrynight Sat 25-Jun-05 20:40:31

Contractions are different for everyone - some say period pains, others nothing like period pains, its basically your uterus tightening with pain but how much is different for everyone.

There, that was no use at all was it!

missycantstop Mon 15-Aug-05 21:48:48

hi sorry i havent been online in weeks. thanks for the advise. just to let you know i gave birth to a health boy 23/7/05. (and this time i felt the contractions)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now