Talk

Advanced search

Thinning of the uterus?

(13 Posts)
rodeo1 Fri 24-Jun-05 16:41:00

I went to see my consultant at the hospital at my 20wk scan the other day and she said from looking at my previous notes from my last caesarean section that my uterus was thin down there. She said they would hope to deliver (by cs) at 37 weeks at the latest maybe 36.

I came away, stupidly but as usual, not asking any questions. Now I'm having yet another pg paranoia period and any little twinge I'm getting is making me very anxious thinking my uterus is about to tear open.

Would anyone be able to offer me any reassurance or advice? Not sure how I'm going to cope for the next few months worrying about my 'thinning uterus' and spontaneous rupture

x x x

rodeo1 Fri 24-Jun-05 16:43:19

Also didn't help me googling on the web the other night and scaring myself to death...

My logical side of my brain tells me it's very rare and unlikely to happen, but with my raging hormones would be nice to be reassured

starlover Fri 24-Jun-05 16:46:38

i'm afraid i don't have personal experience of this... but i am sure if they were very worried they'd have said so...
at least you know you only have 36 weeks to go!

when i was pg every time i started to worry about something i would tell myself that if it's going to happen it's going to happen. you can't stop your uterus rupturing if it's going to, but at least you're aware of the risks!

in 16 weeks time you'll be on here announcing the birth of your baby and wondering why you were so worried!

rodeo1 Fri 24-Jun-05 16:59:58

Thanks starlover! I know I'm being irrational (don't know how my dp puts up with me!) I lost my first baby at 26 weeks, and I hate the worry of weeks 18 to 28, when you are really bonding with babe but if anything goes wrong....well doesn't bear thinking about. Just mentally ticking off the weeks on a calender at the mo!

starlover Fri 24-Jun-05 17:06:34

oh i'm so sorry to hear that rodeo

everyone is paranoid when they're pregnant, and you are understandably more so!

stop researching it online though! you'll just scare yourself!

rodeo1 Fri 24-Jun-05 17:18:52

I will stop starlover!

Oh and didn't mean it to sound like people don't bond with their babies before 18 weeks, course they do , I just meant when you can feel them kicking and twirling around. Sorry if I offended anyone

starlover Fri 24-Jun-05 17:24:53

i know what you mean... it all seems so much more real doesn't it? and your bump is getting bigger and everything as well!

do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?

rodeo1 Fri 24-Jun-05 17:27:58

I did ask but the sonographer said babe had it's legs clamped together...but she thought it may be a girl!! but it's definitely not definite!!

Really hard not calling it a she though now!

starlover Fri 24-Jun-05 17:30:50

ahhh she was being shy! lol

you're gonna have a big surprise if it's a boy though!

i was just re-reading your first post.. the bit about twinges and stuff worrying you.
as you get further on you WILL get more and more twinges and kicks and all the rest, so hopefully once you've got used to them happening all the time you will feel a bit more at ease that nothing is going to happen!

chipmonkey Fri 24-Jun-05 17:51:53

Rodeo, I attempted a vaginal birth with ds2 after having c-section with ds1. I was given oxytocin, (which is a no-no apparently!) and did have a rupture of my wound during labour. Naturally on ds3 I was worried about spontaneous rupture. But I was told by my GP, obGyn and lots of others that they had NEVER had anyone whose wound had ruptured during pregnancy, only when extreme pressure is put on the scar which can only happen in labour itself. And it sounds as though your obgyn has it covered with the elective CS so you'll be fine! Put it out of your head and enjoy your pregnancy.

rodeo1 Sat 25-Jun-05 11:17:59

Oh thanks chipmonkey, that helps alot!

I've decided not to lift anything heavy - just to put my mind at rest more than anything. I've also bought a maternity belt for extra support as after my last pgs my muscles not as tight as they were!

chipmonkey Sun 26-Jun-05 22:41:59

Tell me about it! If girls knew the truth about what pregnancy does to your body there'd be a rapid population decline!

starlover Sun 26-Jun-05 22:43:55

hey rodeo.... feeling any more positive now? maternity belts are great aren't they? not! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now