Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

hiring a doppler?

(9 Posts)
ChaCha Fri 24-Jun-05 13:52:07

Anyone done this?
Any recommendations?

dyzzidi Fri 24-Jun-05 14:07:12

Just got mine from babybeats! see the other thread on home dopplers for some more info!

bayleaf Sat 25-Jun-05 18:41:17

NO I bought mine on ebay ( new) as only cost £80 inc gel and p&p - and I know I can sell it on again aterwards - much cheaper if you want it for several months - even tho baby is kicking lots MOST of the time now I still use it when he/she has a quiet spell and I 'need'(!) to check!

suzi2 Sat 25-Jun-05 22:26:30

Also bought mine on Ebay (new) for £75. It's the same model as is sold elsewhere for £150+. The seller was dopplermike and he's a great help if you're struggling to use it. I used mine plenty in the first/second trimester but less so as baby is moving around. Now I only use it if I take a panic!

Sus, x

Nemo1977 Sat 25-Jun-05 22:34:41

also used doppler mike chacha and the doppler is fab. Find heartbeat 99% of time and am 15wks. I love it as it gives me peace of mind.

Nemo1977 Sat 25-Jun-05 22:35:49

meant to add lots of ladie son dec thread hire theres but only reason i didnt is because it doesnt display heartbeat then so could be picking up ur own etc and i wanted to see heart rate...nosey so n so that i am

suzi2 Sat 25-Jun-05 22:39:08

The heartrate display is definately worth having. I knew I had found baby before my ears could really pick it out as tit was picking up a heartrate of 150 and I knew that wasn't me (mine was 120 though at the time becuase I was nervous!). A bit of adjusting and I 'homed in' on the signal!

bayleaf Sun 26-Jun-05 21:15:33

yep mine was from doppler mike too - maybe it wasn't £80 - could be my bad memory!
one of the hire sites ( babypulse???)has a place where you can listen and hear what it should sound like so that you don't get confused with your own heart beat - I agree that the display is really useful though. It showed me just how dramatically the heart beat dropped after my 12 week scan ( litterally from one day to the next) and thus what my stress levels were doing to baby - made me chill out BIG TIME!

ChaCha Fri 01-Jul-05 16:12:10

Just wanted to say thank you for the replies. I hired a doppler from babybeats (ordered at 1pm and arrived next morning!) and it's great. Was reassuring to hear heartbeat..now i just need to work out bpm! Thank you xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: