Talk

Advanced search

How soon did you see G.P ?

(13 Posts)
Lucymoo Thu 23-Jun-05 20:46:28

Hi,i was just wandering how soon after you find out your expecting do you see a G.P?

expatinscotland Thu 23-Jun-05 20:47:34

I saw the GP as soon as I found out I was pregnant. But they don't do anything, just refer you to the midwife. Didn't see her till 13 weeks in the first pregnancy and 14 in the second.

starlover Thu 23-Jun-05 20:47:55

i saw one at 6 weeks due to a bleed!

you will normally have a scan at 12 weeks... so somewhen before then i guess!

emmamama Thu 23-Jun-05 20:48:48

Can only speak from my experiences, but there's no real need to see your G.P. unless you want it confirmed. If you phone your surgery they'll get your community midwife to contact you to arrange a 'booking in' appointment where shell explain all the care you'll receive during your pregnancy.

Is there cause for congratulations then?

lucy5 Thu 23-Jun-05 20:49:03

I went really early on and gp said if home test was positive then there was no need to do anything and gave me an appointment to see midwife at about 8 weeks. Bit of an anticlimax really.

Lucymoo Thu 23-Jun-05 21:01:36

Yes,there is cause for congratulations but its so early i dont want to get my hopes to high just yet.These early days just seem to DRAG.

hoxtonchick Thu 23-Jun-05 21:11:44

i saw mine at 5 weeks, a couple of days after a positive test. she referred me straight to the antenatal clinic who saw me at 6.5 weeks. but i have diabetes so everyone gets very paranoid when i'm pregnant.... congratulations!

kama Thu 23-Jun-05 21:15:05

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Thu 23-Jun-05 21:20:55

congrates to u
i went to gp as soon as i found out as they then make appointment with mw and also fill in your free prescriptions form etc.

Lucymoo Thu 23-Jun-05 21:38:11

Thanks for all your replies

emmamama Thu 23-Jun-05 21:43:47

Congratulations Lucymoo!

Tabs Thu 23-Jun-05 21:50:58

I saw mine when I was 3+4, the same day I got my BFP - he filled out the form to get my free prescriptions/dental stuff, and that arrived a week or two later. He also told me to see midwife the same week, so I saw her at 4 weeks exactly.

Think these are the earliest appointments I've heard anyone have!

spidermama Thu 23-Jun-05 21:55:40

I waited til 5 months pregnant to tell my GP and only did it then because I feared he would think I was a dangerous lunatic for not saying earlier. It was my fourth pregnancy and was going fine. Plus I'd been really busy with the other kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now