Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Man at work has MUMPs should I be worried????

(10 Posts)
dyzzidi Tue 21-Jun-05 10:37:36

I have left a message with the midwife but am concerned. One of the lads at work had swollen glands yesterday he has been to the Doc's this morning and it is apparently highly contagious mumps. I am 11 wks pregnant should i be worried

Nemo1977 Tue 21-Jun-05 10:38:34

no idea dyzz but just sending u hugs while u wait...maybe phone nhs direct and ask them?

dyzzidi Tue 21-Jun-05 10:42:56

Thanks Nemo the bloody idiot has just rang and said I don't feel too bad I think I will come in

I told him in no circumstances is he to come anywhere near this office with me in it.

I will ring the NHS I think I will give the midwife chance to get back to me first.

Nemo1977 Tue 21-Jun-05 10:45:55

tell him if he comes near office hes sacked..lol

invisiblegirl Tue 21-Jun-05 10:46:07

go speak to HR asap as well dyzzi

invisiblegirl Tue 21-Jun-05 10:47:48

helpful?

edodgy Tue 21-Jun-05 10:49:01

hers some info ive found for you hope this helps
mumpsinfo

dyzzidi Tue 21-Jun-05 10:51:46

I am phoning the director just to let her know that I have told him to stay away just to cover my back as my boss is on holiday this week.

Stupid man i told him to go home yesterday instead of sitting there whinging. If he has infected me I will kill him. Grrrrrrr

dyzzidi Tue 21-Jun-05 10:56:15

Thank you both for you links I will juat take it extra careful over the next few days. There are increased risks but I have taken every step to kepp the idiot out of the office and have full backing of the company.

Redhelen Tue 21-Jun-05 18:15:55

Hello

I read in the newspaper recently that Mumps can not cross the placenta - the only one that does is rubella. Having said that you don't want to be laid low with mumps - especially with the heat and every other alliment pregnancy brings!

Take it easy - I think pregancy gives you some natural ammunity to prevent illness too.

Helen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now