Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I heading for a fall?

(11 Posts)
houmousandcarrotsandwich Wed 11-Nov-09 22:15:33

I'm hoping I'm just being hormonal and silly, but I'm fretting about things going wrong.

I'm 33weeks pregnant and my due date is xmas day. I feel annoyed about this, as I knew baby would be due around then if I chose to conceive when I did (had been trying for over a year, so was pretty clued up on these things). Obviously I didn't know it would happen that month, but feel bad for baby. Being a Christmas eve baby myself, I know how rubbish a Christmas birthday can be as a kid.

We are also in the process of moving house. We had been looking for a house for ages, and things should have gone through sooner but solicitors found 'issues' with searches that took longer to sort out.
Am now doing work to new home like crazy and having to wait until mid December to have essential work carried out in house (such as carpets being fitted as the current ones are dangerous). Am worried baby will be early and people will visit and see us living in a mess.

I just want things to be right when baby comes(our 1st) and worry I've let my baby down already.

Poledra Wed 11-Nov-09 22:17:19

My mum always says that a baby only needs 3 things - to be warm, fed and loved. They couldn't care less about anything else. Sometimes, my mum is right grin

notnowbernard Wed 11-Nov-09 22:19:08

an understand why you are stressing about moving and building etc. Must be a major headache, pregnant or not pregnant!

But I do think you need to chill out a bit about the Christmas birthday... it really doesn't matter, and you have waited a long time for this amazing moment smile

Ditto the place being a mess when people come to visit. Who gives a shit, it's the ideal excuse for them to leave you alone grin

Good luck with everything smile

(I have a December baby too and all is always fine!)

Poledra Wed 11-Nov-09 22:20:37

BTW, I am a December birthday (in the week before Christmas). It hasn't scarred me.

Go easy on yourself.

Poledra Wed 11-Nov-09 22:21:14

I am a December birthday?? I believe I am a woman actually, who has a December birthday......

LovelyDear Wed 11-Nov-09 22:21:54

i am a december baby, my brother a christmas day baby, and to my mind it just adds to your excitement about the whole thing! Do NOT worry what people think when they visit - they won't think twice. or they'll be impressed that you've even attempted to get things straight, as you already have. relax. smile

houmousandcarrotsandwich Wed 11-Nov-09 22:35:02

Thank you for your kind words. Think I'm definately hormonal as started sobbing at how kind you all were and you don't even know me!!

I know a Christmas day birthday isn't the end of the world. Sorry if I offended any December birthdays, I'm one too and I dont mind, I guess I just wanted baby to have their own special day.

Having a healthy baby is more important than anything else.

Thanks again. Off to bed to get some sleep and hopefully will wake up a less silly tommorow!

LovelyDear Wed 11-Nov-09 22:43:48

what's that statistic about babies never coming on their due day? it's highly unlikely anyway!

butterscotch Thu 12-Nov-09 08:43:32

You can always do half birthday celebrations for your baby if xmas day! Chill enjoy the new baby when he/she arrives! like lovelydear says so few babies arrive on their due date anyway!

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 12-Nov-09 08:47:46

You're being hormonal smile I'm 35 weeks pg and due on 15th Dec. My b'day is the 11th. I got teary the other day because I'd decided I really didn't want to share my b'day with my baby blush shock

I think its only 5% of babies are born on their due date, so its unlikely yours will be on Xmas day and even if it is, it'll be fine.

bigpreggybelly Thu 12-Nov-09 11:09:33

If that's all you've got to worry about, then think yourself very lucky indeed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now