Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch marks - how many weeks were u when u noticed your first

(11 Posts)
nomorebooze Wed 11-Nov-09 20:39:54

Hi peeps againsmile how far were u all before u noticed your first stretch marks? im 30 weeks and havent noticed one yet, did you feel tearing before seeing your 1st stretch mark????

maxbear Wed 11-Nov-09 21:42:00

None with first baby, second much bigger, noticed a few small ones at 39 weeks, didn't hurt at all and can't see them anymore, but am only 30 weeks so far this time.

FoxtrotOscar Wed 11-Nov-09 21:43:16

39 weeks. I could have wept.

Didn't feel any tearing.

shonaspurtle Wed 11-Nov-09 21:44:31

37 weeks. Was talking about how I didn't have any and then looked under my bump...

oopsandbabycoconut Wed 11-Nov-09 22:04:48

39weeks and 4 days - I gave birth 5 days later. It was mortifying!

giddykipper Wed 11-Nov-09 22:05:55

About 2 days before DS was born. Gutting.

preggersplayspop Wed 11-Nov-09 22:10:15

Oh bollocks, I have been feeling smug about the fact that I don't have any for this second pregnancy either (39 weeks tomorrow). Not feeling quite so smug now reading all this.

I had heard somewhere that some slebs have elective cesareans a few weeks early to avoid stretch marks because they tend to come quite late on. I thought I had got away with it though!!!

<<waddles off to check under her bump>>

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 11-Nov-09 22:26:49

None on either of mine smile ds1 was 2 1/2 weeks overdue too!

wellieboot Wed 11-Nov-09 22:31:45

Another late one - got some under my bump when I was overdue at 40+ weeks. So unfair! Didn't feel tearing but skin on bump was very itchy in the last couple of weeks.

nicefleece Wed 11-Nov-09 22:34:20

snap - 39 weeks, was 2.5 weeks overdue and watched them grow every day.
Not that big though - about 4 or 5 of 3-4cm on my wobbly spare tyre, which will never be seen in a bikini again!

Teapot13 Thu 12-Nov-09 00:35:01

I noticed mine quite late as well -- I also realized I had not been looking under my belly button due to size of the bump, but there were a lot of them down there -- I just hadn't looked in the right place. Now they're above and below (39 weeks tomorrow). . .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now