Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

abdominal pains- is it serious?

(4 Posts)
TishTosh21 Wed 11-Nov-09 17:56:22

Hi I found out I am pregnant on Tues morning which is fantastic news but today I experienced abdominal pain all morning, it didnt subside til lunchtime. I constantly went to the toilet to check for blood but there was nothing at all.

I would guess i'm about 6 weeks pregnant. Is it normal to feel pain like this at this stage??

Please help!

displayuntilbestbefore Wed 11-Nov-09 17:58:15

have you spoken to a doctor?

jlo1234 Wed 11-Nov-09 20:18:50

where about where the pains? im 33 weeks now and i had period type cramps (worse than normal) for the first few months of my pregnancy and its normal, its your uterus stretching, if its different pains to this then i dont know xx

KarenAdie Thu 12-Nov-09 13:37:00

I had abdominal pain, like pre-menstrual cramps, just before I found out I was pregnant. I actually assumed I was just getting my period, as my boobs had been tender for a bit too. But AF never arrived, so I took a test and got the BFP. I think the cramps can be down to your uterus stretching, or implantation. I'm 24 weeks now btw, and no problems so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now