Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling low - anyone want to cheer me up?

(6 Posts)
josla Wed 11-Nov-09 14:03:19

Hello mumsnetters.

I am now 27 weeks with my third, and feeling stressed. I had pre-eclampsia with my first, around week 35, and was taken into hospital at 36 weeks, and induced at 38 weeks. Had high blood pressure and obstretic chleostasis with my second and was taken into hospital at 33 weeks, and induced at 35 weeks. I've just come back from the midwife and got high blood pressure and protein in my urine. I am thinking that I am going to be in hospital over Christmas/New year, and have to leave the children with hubby and in laws, and I'll have another early baby instead of a nice fat full term one... I feel really really worried and low. Anyone had any experience or just want to tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself and count my blessings? ( which i know i should do, and i do normally, but - not great today sad )

Boblina Wed 11-Nov-09 14:20:02

Hi sorry to hear you are having a horrible time. try not to worry and relax a little. The last thing you want to do is stress because that is certainly not going to help. Enjoy your children. If you really think that you are going to have to go into hospital during Christmas and that then why don't you bring Christmas forward? Anyway your children could come to the hospital at Christmas and you could all celebrate it together. I know it's not the same but it's better than nothing. I hope it all goes well for you. Shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hopefully you will have a full term is not nearly full term baby. Urine infections can be treated with antibiotics. I had a prem baby and on Friday I shall have number too and to everyone amazement he or she is full term so keep hoping. Good luck.

somewhathorrified Wed 11-Nov-09 14:22:24

Positive thinking is the order of the day. Too much thinking of worst case scenerios and not enough taking things as they come. Yes it would be shitty if you were in hospital over xmas, but it hasn't happened yet!

josla Wed 11-Nov-09 14:29:29

Thank you for the positive thoughts ladies Yes, I can get Christmas sorted early, and I should just enjoy the children and if it happens, it happens. I am stressing as it seems to be earlier this time - how early was your prem baby Boblina? I am so hoping for a full term baby.

LuckyC Wed 11-Nov-09 15:32:45

Have no experience of any of this but wanted to say really good luck and I hope it works out for you.

shinybaubles Wed 11-Nov-09 15:51:02

Hi can't give you any medical advice. But my baby will be born on the 24th of Dec so the chances are very slim I will be home on Christmas day. So I have ds and dh presents sorted and wrapped,ds's stocking is almost doneand my sis and bil will be coming to stay from the 23rd to make sure Christmas goes ahead for ds and to do the cooking etc. ds is 3 and will probably be having too much fun with his favourtie aunt and uncle to notice I am gone envy. I know it's not nice but if you think it's a real possibility you may feel better if you organise some of these things now. And I know I will miss ds terribly but must do what's best for this little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now