Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9 weeks and having a "period"

(5 Posts)
tetleytea Wed 11-Nov-09 09:40:39

I heard there's a bleeding in pregnancy thread but can't find it. Can anyone help?

I started bleeding yesterday dinnertime (TMI alert) like dark pink mucous which has now become just like a light period. Also have slight cramping. I keep reading that bleeding can be normal in early pregnancy but it's hard to guage how much is normal.

I spoke to my gyno yesterday and she told me to take a progesterone suppository and rest. Am going to call her again today but can't face it quite yet in case she tells me to come and have a scan. Can't face that at all Am feeling that if the worst is to happen nothing any doctor can do is going to stop it today, so would rather stay in bed with hot water bottle.

arena Wed 11-Nov-09 10:12:06

Tetleytea sorry your feeling like this, i would try and get a early scan just for your peace of mind.

Bleeding can be normal in pregnancy, i had light period bleeding also at nine weeks and slight cramping. Everything was ok for me he is 12 weeks old.

But do try and get a scan, bleeding is not always a bad sign. x

tetleytea Wed 11-Nov-09 10:18:47

Thanks so much for replying. I'm really worried but in total denial.

It's all been completely normal until yesterday and I've been feeling reassuringly sick every day. this bleeding is so completely out of the blue, and so exactly like a period.

Maybe by this afternoon i'll get my head around it enough to face a scan.

thanks again

butterscotch Wed 11-Nov-09 10:38:30

I had implemention bleeding around 9 weeks with my previous pregnancy! I was ordered bed rest and it was all okay, defo get a scan if you can for peace of mind.

sh77 Wed 11-Nov-09 12:51:07

I agree about getting a scan. Have you seen any clots?
Lots of women have bleeding and go on to have normal pregnancies but I think it is still better to know what is going on with a scan. Many women who miscarry have no symptoms of bleeding or cramping but find out at the 12 week scan. I hope all will be fine with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now