Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone know how you can get a swine flu vaccine if gp hasent got them in yet?

(6 Posts)
mummytopebs Tue 10-Nov-09 21:27:06

My gp is not expected to have the vaccine in till December but i was wondering if there is another way you can have one not through gp? I am 29 weeks pregnant and have got pregnancy diabetes and i am very worried about getting swine flu, it is in my dd school

maybebaby23 Tue 10-Nov-09 22:15:14

Im not sure to be honest, i think you just have to wait until your GP gets the vaccines. Im sure i read on here somewhere that you can't get the vaccine privately?

My surgery hasn't got theirs yet either..

maybebaby23 Tue 10-Nov-09 22:16:39

sorry i posted before i finished lol. Meant to say i hope you manage to avoid swine flu until you can get your vaccine. It is such a worry isn't it.

lucy101 Wed 11-Nov-09 10:28:28

I tried to get it privately in the UK... and none of the docs I spoke to were getting it before NHS GP's... from another thread on here I know that someone rang their local PCT and spoke them and organised getting the jab through them I think... you might try that.

Tiaxx31 Wed 11-Nov-09 11:31:45

Ihad a letter through the post last week for my 14 year old son as he has asthma, i just had a letter through offering it to me too.
I take it that its going through by the alphabet so surely you would get yours through soon. Or ask your clinic

BlueChampagne Wed 11-Nov-09 13:06:56

It appeared to be on offer at the branch of Superdrug I was in on Saturday, but I'm afraid I didn't read it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now