Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby really active and wont stay in one place, at 30weeks.. is this bad?

(3 Posts)
michelle89 Tue 10-Nov-09 20:41:49

hey
im 30weeks pregnant, my baby has always been really active (he takes after his parents) 3weeks go the midwife said he was in the right position for birth, today when i went she said he was breech. hes always really active and still does summersaults in my womb, hes never in the same position for a long period of time, i can always feel him moving around is this bad because isnt he ment to be in the birthing position by now? will he continue to be this active until hes born? and does this mean he'll be breech when im in labour?

littlehayleyc Tue 10-Nov-09 23:04:34

There's plenty of time for him to move round, and he's still got a lot of growing to do in the next few weeks so I wouldn't start worrying yet. My baby (now 2yrs old) was just the same. Really active all the way through and never kept still for long. If you're worried then speak to your midwife as there are exercises you can do to encourage the baby to get in the right position, eg on all fours, and using a birthing ball.

Tomatefarcie Wed 11-Nov-09 09:53:10

Hi!

Mine is the same. 31 weeks pg.

baby is all over the place. Had a scan at 28 weeks, it was in a cephalic position, midwife appointment 2 weeks later: breech.

I know I'm not supposed to be worried as it is still very early days, some babies turn late in pregnancy, but DD1 and 2 always stayed head down and in the same position throughout the last 10 weeks.

So this spin cycle effect is all new to me!
(have dreams of baby coming out looking like a turkey joint, wrapped in the cord...eeeeek!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now