Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

15 DPO No AF but.... BFN. Help??!

(18 Posts)
jumblequeen Tue 10-Nov-09 20:05:57

So that's the crux of it. The only sign I've had AF might be on her way (look away now if you're of a sensitive disposition...) is that I had some very pale pink/brown discharge 13/14 DPO. Other than that, sore back, sore boobs, lower abdominal cramps... Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but this is my first time TTC and I'm utterly confused. Any advice / opinions from more experienced MNers would be very much appreciated.

Thank you... x

ladyandthechocolate Tue 10-Nov-09 20:11:14

How long is your cycle normally and is it regular? Spotting can be implantation as you may know. Have you recently come off long term contraceptives. I'm afraid waiting is your only option but I know how it feels!

jumblequeen Tue 10-Nov-09 20:22:41

Hi there,

Yes, I came off microgynon which I'd been on for a number of years... I had one period as though I was still on the pill and returned to "normal" (ie before I'd started taking the pill) for the next one. My UCL is 26 days... Just feeling worried more than anything! sad

ShowOfHands Tue 10-Nov-09 20:27:35

Don't worry. If you've been on the pill that can affect things. You may have ovulated late which will delay your period or you may not have ovulated which will also delay your cycle. Or you may be pg. Just give it a couple of days and try not to worry. It's common for your cycle to vary by a couple of days here and there and very common to have a bit of an irregular cycle after stopping the pill.

jumblequeen Tue 10-Nov-09 20:53:38

Thank you - that's good to hear. I'm trying not to but can't help but get carried away... I asked my doctor but she just told me to wait. One other thing is that I've had a dull pain between my navel and my hip bone on the right hand side. I'm now worrying twice as much at the thought of an ectopic pregnancy. Sorry to rattle on, I just feel a bit out of my depth.

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 10-Nov-09 21:26:02

Are you sure you ovulated 15 days ago or are you just working it out based on normal length?

A dull pain could be ovulation and sometimes women have some spotting at ovulation. Alternatively it could be implantation bleeding smile or the beginning of your period sorry.

Alternatively, with DS, I had a dull pain similar to what you describe - everything was fine though.

If you are worried of course I would see a doctor.

jumblequeen Tue 10-Nov-09 21:48:12

Thank you... I called nhs direct and they told me not to worry as the pain was too "high" - coupled with the fact that I've shown no other EP symptoms. I'm fairly certain that I ovulated 15 days ago but there's no way of knowing for sure I suppose. AF is never late! I guess a wait and see attitude is the best way forward but it's so hard not to worry. Fingers crossed for a BFP in the next couple of days but I really hold out little hope... I just want to know what's going on!

Thanks all for your comments. If anyone else has anything to add then I'm all ears smile

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 10-Nov-09 22:01:29

Certain as in recognising the signs of ovulation? Fingers crossed for tomorrow or the next few days then grin. Some women just dont test positive straight away. I for one, with DD, went from negative one day to a full blown positive the next - incidentally just after some spotting smile

ShowOfHands Tue 10-Nov-09 22:09:24

It doesn't sound like an ectopic tbh. There's a lack of other symptoms and the time frame's a wee bit off for that. Any pain or brown blood, including shoulder blade pain on the right side and seek medical help but that's standard advice, not a belief that you're suffering an ectopic.

That pain could be delayed ovulation, impending period or pregnancy. I always get one sided pain in that location when I ovulate.

Honestly, it's most likely your hormones settling after the pill.

Good luck ttc. smile

jumblequeen Tue 10-Nov-09 22:16:01

God, mumsnet is great! I do feel more relaxed about the whole thing...

peppa - yes, I recognised the signs... I had the "egg white" thing (TMI - sorry) but haven't been charting my temperature (that's next on the list for my next cycle if AF turns up).

jumblequeen Wed 11-Nov-09 11:09:47

UPDATE:

Tested this morning (my last one, I thought 'what the hell') and got a very faint but definitely discernible BFP after about 40 seconds! Even DP had to admit there was a line there (ghostly though it was ) and he's not one to jump the gun.

Still trying not to get too excited as the line was faint but can't help myself.... I suppose I'll test again in a couple of days to confirm.

Thanks all for your comments and good wishes smile smile smile smile

ShowOfHands Wed 11-Nov-09 15:50:00

Oh how wonderful. A line is a line is a line. I never had anything other than a faint one and the 2 and a half year old tearing around the room right now proves I was definitely pg.

Congratulations. Told you it was nothing to worry about. I had an ache on one side when very newly pg and it turned out I'd ovulated from that side and therefore the corpus luteum was attached to that fallopian tube.

Hope it's a happy and healthy 8 months for you. You've got the best time ahead of you.

pixiestix Wed 11-Nov-09 15:55:03

Congratulations! I just started reading the beginning of the thread and was thinking "looks like AF is on its way" - so completely bloody wrong!!! Good luck smile

jumblequeen Wed 11-Nov-09 17:38:42

Ladies, thank you SO much. I'm almost in tears reading this... And I don't think it's just the hormones!

smile

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 11-Nov-09 22:09:23

congratulations!!!!

jumblequeen Wed 11-Nov-09 22:54:49

Trying not to get carried away until I get a B FFF P but thank you! grin

babyboos Thu 12-Nov-09 01:28:17

why shoulder blade pain?

ShowOfHands Thu 12-Nov-09 09:59:26

An ectopic pregnancy can cause referred pain in the tip of the right shoulder blade.

jumble, you're pregnant. I tell you, you are pregnant. grin

(says she who found ebay cheapy tests, 10 for £2 and tested every other day for 3 weeks)

The strength of the line is usually nowt to do with the viability or length of pregnancy and everything to do with the brand of test/colour of dye etc. At 8 weeks pregnant (in hospital with bleeding and cramps) they tested and the line was faint still. Meant nothing just that the test gave faintish lines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now