Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nervous about 20 week scan tomorrow

(9 Posts)
messylittlemonkey Tue 10-Nov-09 11:54:19

Hi all

Just wanted to ask if anyone else id feeling the same.

I'm 20+3 with DC number 2 and having 20 week scan tomorrow. With my first pregnancy, I didn't worry at all about ay of the tests or scans, but have fretted over everything this time round. At 12 week scan I worried that there's be nothing there (!), then I stressed about the Triple test at 15 weeks. I've had a few weeks off from worrying and now here I am again, expecting the worst. It's exhausting! I know that it's natural to worry during pregnancy, but I wish I could chill out.

Anyway, good luck to all others having scans soon and hopefully all will be well. I'm slightly excited about finding out the sex, but worrying about something being wrong is definitely more on my mind right now.

MLM

lucy101 Tue 10-Nov-09 11:59:59

I am 21 weeks today and having my scan on Thurs... I have had a few scans in this pregnancy in fact 4 so far and each time I start to worry beforehand... but I think I do it to soften the blow in case anything is wrong!

I keep telling myself that worrying doesn't change anything but that doesn't help.

The good thing about worrying so much is how ecstatic you are when everything turns out ok though!

messylittlemonkey Tue 10-Nov-09 12:04:02

I think that's why I worry - like a kind of pre-emptive strike! Not that I would be prepared really if there is anything wrong - wuld still be a shock.

Good luck for Thursday!

hormonalmum Tue 10-Nov-09 13:36:55

Ah messy, you could be me (although, I am not yet due for a scan!) I'm worrying about my triple test results which are due sometime this week

I know exactly how you feel and have felt very nervous before any scan / test / appointment with any of my pregnancies.

Good luck and try not to worrysmile

lola0109 Tue 10-Nov-09 13:53:21

Messy, I had my 20 week scan yesterday, 20+2 today. I have a family history of Downs and Spina Bifida (I have a very large family).

I was exactly the same with everything. The detailed scan was AMAZING, apparently the one I had was a new machine thing that they've only been using for 3 weeks, not sure if everywhere is the same. But it's a much longer scan than normal. the whole way through the sonographer kept taking measurements and saying oh what a beautiful baby etc.

Right at the end she said ok thats you and I asked so is everything ok then?! The look on her face was so funny, she asked if I had been listening to her at all!

So Maybe I was worrying too much???

I'm sure everything will be perfect and just enjoy the scan!

messylittlemonkey Tue 10-Nov-09 14:29:50

Thanks lola, I will try to enjoy it and congratulations on yours!

Hormonal, I think they phone you pretty quickly if there's anything 'wrong' with the triple test, otherwise a letter arrives with your low risk result.

Good to know I'm not alone!

MLM

hoops997 Tue 10-Nov-09 17:18:37

hi messy I have my 20 week scan on Friday and like you I'm, really worried, that something will be wrong with the baby, everythime I hop up on that bed I feeel a horrible sensation in my belly, I have had a few scans and this has happened every time....your scan will be fine!!!

twogirls1more Tue 10-Nov-09 17:57:12

Hi messy! Yes sure you'll be absolutely fine. Know where you're coming from though as I feel exactly the same. I'm 20+2 and they don't scan til 21+ wks at my hosp so have to wait until nxt Wed for mine. Like others have already had 4 scans and been vv nervous with each. Good luck everyone! (not that luck really comes into it.)

annamama Tue 10-Nov-09 22:03:31

Messy - I'm also much more worried in this (my 2nd) pregnancy. It's like you feel it would be too lucky to have TWO healthy babies! What can I say, try not to worry... Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now