Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Discharge/urine/amniotic fluid?

(9 Posts)
jellybean86 Mon 09-Nov-09 15:34:28

Sorry for tmi!! but just been to the toilet and my pad was very wet. Thought it was urine but it didnt smell like it, it smelt very sweet. Ive been gettin increased discharge the last few days but is it usual for it to be quite runny? Or could it be amniotic fluid?

Thanks ladies xx

Habbibu Mon 09-Nov-09 15:37:56

Your GP can test to see if it's amniotic fluid - sweet smell sounds right. Call mw or GP and see what they say.

Lulumama Mon 09-Nov-09 15:38:56

sounds like a bit of a leak. have you called labour ward? how many weeks are you?

madmissy Mon 09-Nov-09 15:40:47

just looked at your other posts are you due feb time? i would call and get checked out to be on safe side
listen to lulumama grin

jellybean86 Mon 09-Nov-09 15:42:02

im only 24+3

no i havent called the labour ward, might try and get hold of my doctor as only can reach a midwife between 8.30-9.30 in the mornings! rubbish!!

Lulumama Mon 09-Nov-09 15:42:28

i would say in pregnancy, the times to call the MW or doctor is when you have reduced movements, leaking of something that could be fluid, bleeding or pain

it might be wee, or discharge, but it might be a leak of fluid, if it is just a leak, it can reseal and replenish, but oyu need to be checked and have it confirmed as to what the fluid is

Lulumama Mon 09-Nov-09 15:43:00

call the Antenatal ward or assesment unit if you have one, the number shoul dbe on your hand held notes

sh77 Mon 09-Nov-09 17:51:54

Yes get checked out as soon as possible. Ask them to make sure your membranes have not ruptured even in a small way as this can lead to infection. You can buy some pads online called Amniosense which detect leakage. Pricey but worth it.

memorylapse Mon 09-Nov-09 19:01:00

phone the labour ward..I had this at 26 weeks with dd1 19 years ago. Spent a week in hospital on bed rest..fortunately it resealed..but dont take any chances better to get cheked out and find it isnt..than to leave it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now