Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

painful kicks - normal??

(7 Posts)
soverynewtoallthis Sun 08-Nov-09 18:26:07

Howdy ladies,

My first post. Am 29 wks pregnant with first baby. Loving it and sooo looking forward to the arrival but...Constantly amazed at how physically uncomfortable I'm feeling. Apart from the indigestion, chronic back pain and the rest, I'm sometimes doubled up in pain by the kicks being levelled from within. It's not always like this - sometimes gentle movements. However there are times when, particularly if a thwacking kick occurs just behind my belly button, I actually cry out (pretty embarrassing in meetings at work) in surprise but also a fair amount of pain hmm.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for splendid advice.

B

LuckySalem Sun 08-Nov-09 18:28:39

I get some now and then (am 21 weeks with LO2) I think it's normal. If they hit just the right spot then it can REALLY hurt.

I normally am in pain when I need a loo and get kicked right on my bladder.

ThePhantomPlopper Sun 08-Nov-09 18:50:37

I had painful kicks too, my 12 week scans were always painful as well so perhaps I'm just a wimp!

Jacksmama Sun 08-Nov-09 18:57:52

Most painful for me was when Jackbaby punched down towards my cervix - oh, the agony!!
All normal, sadly grin

ten10 Sun 08-Nov-09 19:12:07

sounds pretty normal to me, both my pregnancies have left my insides black and blue,
I seem to breed babies which kick, punch and push constantly and very painfully from the moment I can first feel them to the moment I give birth.
Mainly in the ribs, hips, cervix and bladder are the most painful but also the general pushing as if they are trying to escape out through my stomach

soverynewtoallthis Sun 08-Nov-09 19:27:34

Wow - that was quick! Thanks for your replies.

So, I'll just have to accept the kicks as another wonderful (!) aspect of being pregnant!

B

nomorebooze Sun 08-Nov-09 19:32:47

mine keeps kicking my 'ladie garden', very uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!!!!, owwwwwww

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now