Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I miscarrying ? And what should I do ?

(8 Posts)
beaufies Sun 08-Nov-09 14:10:22

I haven't had a miscarriage before and don't know anyone that has so don't know what to think.

I'm sorry if this is TMI but I need to describe what has happened. I went to the loo, and when I wiped there was a lot of brown mucus. I wiped again, and it was the same. I don't have any cramps or feel sick but I did have a couple of very qick, sharp pains low down on my left side last evening. I have no other symptoms.

I was 6 weeks yesterday and conceived using IUI aged 40, so I am very worried.

Can someone please advise me

sh77 Sun 08-Nov-09 14:35:39

Hi
It is hard to answer as MC symptoms can also be preg symptoms. Apparently brown blood is fine as it is the body clearing old blood.
I am having a missed MC and it started with brown spotting and so I went for a scan the next day which showed baby was only measuring 5-6 weeks (i am now 10). I haven't had much bleeding at all since but blood tests have confirmed it for me.

There is a recent thread on bleeding in early preg. Lots of women saif they bled heavily but all was fine.

I would say go for a scan tomorrow bt bare in mind they may not see much as you are so early on. Ask for HCG blood tests also.

I hope all will be ok.

itsmeolord Sun 08-Nov-09 14:37:18

Have you had any pain in your shoulder?

jlo1234 Sun 08-Nov-09 14:40:43

i think its only a worry if the blood is very red, but u should call your doctor anyway. hope all is okay

beaufies Sun 08-Nov-09 14:46:19

Thanks ladies...

I haven't had any shoulder pain...why ?

hoops997 Sun 08-Nov-09 15:08:49

shoulder pain is a sign of an ectopic pregnancy, have you got an EPU near where you are?

kelliot Mon 09-Nov-09 23:05:30

im new to this website. Can anyone tell me how to read the main message? all im getting is like the 'headline' and nothing else? Is this because there is no other info or am i missing something? Hope to be able to add my experience here, but wanted to check this query first. Really hope things turn out ok for you, the sight of blood, no matter what colour, is not good and is a hellish worry k

kelliot Mon 09-Nov-09 23:13:43

oops think ive just been an idiot, the message from the person with the query is the 1st one im guessing? I had a mc at 11 weeks, brown mucusy blood came with cramps that felt like diarrhoea. Then it stopped and reoccured 7 hours later. Sorer that time. I was inconsolable and scared. Went to hospital and had vaginal scan..blighted ovum (sac and no baby) V difficult time of my life. I know a lady who bled regularly throughout her p and had a healthy baby. You should get medical advice immediately just to be on the safe side, good luck k

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now