Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Was this definitely a negative?

(5 Posts)
bitofapickle Sun 08-Nov-09 09:48:42

Hi

I know no one can actually tell me whether or not I'm pregnant but I'm hoping you can just reassure me that this result is most likely negative!

I took a Boots own pregnancy test where it shows a plus or minus sign in the window, using my first morning urine. The control line is dark purple, then in the result window the horizontal line (minus sign) is a lighter purple. In the middle of the horizontal line (where the vertical line that would make up the + would be) the line is darker purple, and there is a slightly off-white vertical line. Is this likely to be just the way the test is made, or a very very faint positive?!

Obviously I will test again but as the result was so unclear even with first morning urine it seems a good idea to wait a few days to get a more accurate result!

Thanks in advance

liahgen Sun 08-Nov-09 09:53:15

can you post a pic?

bitofapickle Sun 08-Nov-09 10:15:52

Hi no sorry I don't have a digital camera, but I've done some more googling and I think it was probably just an evaporation line even though it came up straight away. Thanks though

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 08-Nov-09 12:42:29

When is your period due? It sounds like it could just be where the antibody strip is if the line is white? Doesnt mean you are not pregnant of course - just might not be picking it up yet?

bitofapickle Mon 09-Nov-09 21:17:21

I'm on the pill and taken two back to back so my period doesn't really count as I could have ovulated at any time during the previous or current pack. I think it was definitely just an evaporation line or the antibody strip, so I feel a bit silly! Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now