Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'Farmer Giles'

(5 Posts)
mum2c Fri 17-Jun-05 16:04:00

This is just so embarrassing. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have developed excruciatingly painful prolapsing piles. Has anyone else suffered from them and, if so, what helped? Did they make a difference during the birth and did they go away afterwards?

mogwai Fri 17-Jun-05 18:04:26

hi mum2c

I'm 39 weeks and have been suffering a bit for the past week.

I find that I can push them back in (too much information, I know) gently. I also use Anusol HC (hydrocortisone) which I'm hoping will shrink them before the birth. You can only use this stuff for a week, it usually shrinks them in that timescale, in my previous experience.

You need to keep the area very clean, so get some moist toilet tissues (get one box for every loo in your house!). Use the cream every time you have a poo.

Make sure you eat lots of fibre (two bowls of all bran a day will do the trick!) and drink lots of water, especially as the weather is warmer.

I'm hoping someone else can answer the rest of your question!

mum2c Fri 17-Jun-05 18:24:08

Thanks for your message, mogwai. Sorry to hear that you are suffering too - ghastly isn't it. I'll get some of the Anusol HC tomorrow.

kbaby Sun 19-Jun-05 20:56:34

I suffered from them when I was 33 weeks pregnant. They were really painful for a week(couldnt walk with legs closed or sit down) and then the pain subsided but they stayed.
When I gave birth and needed stiches I remember asking the midwife if she could push them in and stich them up( gas and air had a lot to answer for) she actually remarked that they were very big. Anyway DD is now 1year and I still have them. Theyve never gone and im too much of a wimp to go to the doctors about them.

jenkel Sun 19-Jun-05 21:02:51

Sorry to say that DD2 was born March 2004 and I still have them, she was a very big baby, never had them with DD1 and sometimes they still do get uncomfortable. Probably could get them fixed if I ever get the courage to go to a GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now