Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Poached Eggs - can I eat em?

(5 Posts)
UnrequitedSkink Sat 07-Nov-09 13:55:53

Starving hungry, feeling sickly, the only thing I want is a poached egg on toast - is the runny yolk a no-no? They're pasteurised eggs... please???

lal123 Sat 07-Nov-09 14:06:29

A runny yolk is a runny yolk - doesn't matter how they are cooked. So if you'd be happy to eat a saft boiled egg then a soft poached egg would be fine too. What's a pasteurised egg??

dairymoo Sat 07-Nov-09 14:21:49

I eat them, as long as they are Red Lion (salmonella free) eggs then I reckon they are fine. In my last pregnancy it was the only thing I could even contemplate eating for breakfast and I thought to eat a runny yolk was better than to not eat anything at all. I might be in the minority on this though...?

UnrequitedSkink Sat 07-Nov-09 14:23:45

I had them.blush. They were red lion stamped and I read that there was more likelihood of salmonella on the shell (and a very low risk at that) than actually within the egg. Feel guilty now though!

WickedWitchSouthWest Sat 07-Nov-09 14:26:23

I had one the other day blush I felt so sick and I knew it was the only thing that would make me feel better. I'm a bad mother aren't it? [sad}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now