Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Red mark on breast - has anyone else had this?

(4 Posts)
MadameDuBain Fri 06-Nov-09 23:02:20

I'm 21 weeks and I've got a small red streak on one nork near the nipple - like a tiny zig zag, about pea-sized. Has anyone else had this and is it normal?

I know a red mark on the breast can be a bad sign and I will go to GP with it after the weekend - but - according to my googling blush it doesn't seem like a dangerous one as they seem to appear with lumps/soreness - it's painless and flat. I've also seen that you can get stretch marks on breasts and it does look like that - kind of like a love bite - but just the one by itself?

(Norks are still getting bigger and are starting to tingle and sting and there's a bit of colostrum - sorry if TMI - but that's both of them)

MadameDuBain Fri 06-Nov-09 23:12:07

bumping

Tangle Sat 07-Nov-09 10:48:41

If you can prod it around and there's no pain then I'd agree that its more likely to be a stretch mark than a blocked duct or mastitis (I got a blocked duct when DD was just over a week old and it was really tender) - but keep an eye on it over the weekend and get it checked out if you're at all concerned.

MadameDuBain Sat 07-Nov-09 12:03:01

Oh thanks tangle. I think it might be fading which would be good - will watch it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now