Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice needed re spotting - tmi

(7 Posts)
JillyWillyPops Fri 06-Nov-09 20:49:08

I'm 9 weeks today and had a scan 2 weeks ago and saw a lovely strong heartbeat. For the past couple of days I have been quite constipated. Tonight I finally managed to pass what was needing to come out but with a bit of straining. Whan i wiped there was a bit of mucus with some red blood in it (which had come from the front ), only a tiny bit and my tummy felt a bit sore.
Has anyone else had this, just feeling a bit hmm . Could the blood have been there due to straining do you think? Also what is the chance of mc after seeing the heartbeat?

Thanks

katnkittens Fri 06-Nov-09 22:47:58

I had something similar at 7/8 weeks, I had been straining and when I wiped there was spotting from the front. I was pretty sure it was ok as it wasn't mixed with any mucous or anything, it looked like it was from a cut.

A scan showed everything was fine and I'm 13 weeks and everything seems good with no more bleeding.

I'm sure it will be fine, it's quite common to bleed from 'ahem' pushing... from what I have read.

If you are worried go and see GP, I did and got a scan in a couple of days which put my mind at ease.
xxx

JillyWillyPops Fri 06-Nov-09 23:04:25

Thanks katnkittens. That's really helped I've not had any more since so will see how things go over the weekend and then speak to the midwife on Monday if i still need re-assurance xxx

sh77 Fri 06-Nov-09 23:09:17

Hi
I'm afraid there is no straightforward answer to your question. I freaked out last week when I saw blood and went to EPU next morning. I am currently having a missed MC. One can MC at any time in 1st tri regardless of seeing a heartbeat (although risk falls after HB established). However, it is also normal to bleed. There is a recent thread here about bleeding in early pregnancy. If you are worried, have it checked out. Hopefully, it will just be from the straining and nothing else.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 07-Nov-09 08:05:26

I had spotting with my pregnancy with DD just as you describe. Everything was fine.

It is more than likely you are fine but if you are worried ring your midwife smile

JillyWillyPops Sat 07-Nov-09 08:17:23

Thanks for your messages, i feel much better this morning as i've not had any more spotting.
sh77 i'm so sorry for what you have been through and then to go through this, life can be so tough sometimes.

sh77 Sat 07-Nov-09 14:49:32

Thanks Jilly. Please let us know how you get on. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now