Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in leg, tingly numb fingers

(13 Posts)
mummynumnum Fri 06-Nov-09 20:41:05

Got v bad cramp in bed last night and went but left with persistent pain in calf of right leg. Now got tingly and numb right hand. I am 26wks pg wth dc no 2. Just wondered if anyone experienced something like this and what it could be.

babyboom1979 Fri 06-Nov-09 23:41:59

Leg cramps are very common in pregnancy -- especially in the later months.

However, if you continue to have pain and tingling then I would definitly have this checked sooner rather than later. These could be the symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis which is not life-threatening but can be quite serious if left untreated.

I'm sure it is nothing and I hesitate to ever post any sort of conditions for fear that people will self diagnose but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

Again I reiterate, that it is probably nothing, but if your symptoms persist, definitly have them checked out.

sandcastles Fri 06-Nov-09 23:52:25

I often get pain in my leg for a day after night time cramp, but I would also be inclined to get it checked if it has been there for a while.

Could the numbness in your hand be Carpal Tunnel?

ErikaMaye Sat 07-Nov-09 05:55:58

Am 38+5 and my hands tingle and go numb a lot - especially my right hand and when I'm laying down. If you bring your feet up towards your bum (so you're in a kind of kneeling position laying down, if you get me) it eases it. I've been told its nothing to worry about and is either CT or just excess fluid. Hope it eases off soon

mummynumnum Sat 07-Nov-09 06:50:05

No cramp last night, but persistent ache still lingering.

Have factor v leiden which is blood clotting thing. take two fragmin injections today, so DVT tends to linger at back of mind.

Billiekins Sat 07-Nov-09 20:57:38

Hey there

I think it'd be worth you getting it checked out by your GP on Monday.

I also have factor v leiden. It was discovered aft I had a minor pulmonary embolism at 28 wks, the clot started a wk or so earlier after I'd had a severe leg cramp overnight and it hurt quite badly for several days after.

Not to worry you though it's probably just plain old cramp and having a baby on board can do allsorts to your nerves making them tingle here and there.
If it is a clotting issue they'll probably just step up your meds and monitor you.

mummynumnum Sun 08-Nov-09 08:14:41

It is not so bad but still aching abit sowill phone midwife tomorrow.

mummynumnum Sun 08-Nov-09 15:33:45

Still aching-feels heavy compared to to other one-just one of those things or something to try and get hold of a midwife about.

Billiekins Tue 10-Nov-09 20:03:43

Hi there

Just checking up on you...did you go for a check up today? all ok?

woodhj Tue 10-Nov-09 20:23:47

I was watching a programme the other day and they said numbness in hands and arms is due to fluid building up. It will go after birth.

mummynumnum Wed 11-Nov-09 21:40:57

Doing ok leg better. Spoke to my sis who is a health visitor and she said no need to worry.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 11-Nov-09 21:44:27

I think that given your clotting issues, you should get this checked out, just incase it is connected.

I'm sure it's probably as a result of the cramps, but better safe than sorry and MWs are only too happy to rule things out!

mummynumnum Thu 12-Nov-09 15:22:39

Due to see next week, so will discuss.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now