Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Problems getting pregnant - please help

(5 Posts)
seasonsbeauty Fri 06-Nov-09 01:06:55

Hi, I'm 34 with 3 children and would like one more.
The problem is I have not had a period in about 2 years, has any one got any ideas on how to kick start things before I go see the GP. Thanks

June2009 Fri 06-Nov-09 08:17:29

Hey didn't want to leave this unanswered, someone who used to be a regular on my an thread just does not have periods and still went on to have three successfull pregnancies.

mistletoekisses Fri 06-Nov-09 08:55:44

It is entirely possible to ovulate without getting periods. With DS i came off the pill, months later still no period, however fell pregnant.

I used acupuncture to kick start things so to speak. Within 6 weeks of weekly sessions, I was pregnant, first time round and the second!

Are you doing any temping/ using OPK sticks to know if you are ovulating?

SuziDee Fri 06-Nov-09 14:50:53

Hi

Had exactly the same thing before DS1 who is now 2 now 32 weeks with no. 2 Know this is personal but do you know why periods have stopped? With me I was obsessing over weight and excercising WAY too much, can also be caused by PCOS it probably best to find out the root cause before treatment.

Usually GP will prescribe Provera to see if you have a withdrawal bleed if you do you can proceed with clomid to induce ovulation, I did 2 cycles before falling pregnant and that was after 2 1/2 years without periods

GOOD LUCK, hope all goes well for you, let me know if you need any other info.

BellasYummyMummy Fri 06-Nov-09 17:12:38

I did reflexology and it brought my cycle back, and was very relaxing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now