Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hungry Mummies

(5 Posts)
Katpat Thu 05-Nov-09 13:28:09

Does anyone have any ideas for hunger busting snacks that are healthy but will keep me filled up for more than 20 minutes?

I bring tonnes of fruit to work and cereal bars and yoghurts but seem to be hungry every 20 minutes...

Should I just switch to cake?

lucy101 Thu 05-Nov-09 13:40:44

My top tip is complex carbs - oat cakes or a bowl of porridge with seeds mixed in, or anything with brown rice seems to be a winner. If I eat too much sugary stuff (even fruit) or white bread etc. I just get hungry again much more quickly. I have slightly given into to eating a lot though (mostly 'healthy' things)... it's the only way I can feel vaguely normal and function! Am trying not to think too much about the weight gain....

boardbunny Thu 05-Nov-09 14:35:13

Soup can be filling, if you can't be bothered to make your own I think Baxters are the nicest. You could take a flask or if you have a microwave warm it up at work, fairly healthy and should fill you up (especially if it's got chunky bits in!)

Katpat Thu 05-Nov-09 14:36:09

Oat cakes and porridge are on the list. It makes sense about the sugar in fruit...

Katpat Thu 05-Nov-09 14:42:20

Great - thanks. Funnily enough I had soup for lunch and still feel full!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now