Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump Seems Continuously Hard When Sleeping on Side 38 weeks

(6 Posts)
LauraKB Thu 05-Nov-09 11:54:44

Morning All

I am 38 weeks and I have noticed over the last few days that when I wake up in the night (from sleeping on my side) to get up to the loo my bump is always rock hard like one big braxton hicks. I can still usually feel baby moving when lying down

If I sit up for a while it goes back to normal after about 5 minutes and I can feel baby moving during this time.

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas? Is it just that the baby is running out of room and bunching up while I am so still?

Thanks in advance

L, x.

corblimeymadam Thu 05-Nov-09 11:56:14

Message withdrawn

LauraKB Thu 05-Nov-09 12:00:55

BB I am 38 weeks today too so obviously due the same date.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this, mebe it isn't like that the whole night, it just seems that way because it is always like that when I wake up. Was a bit concerned about whether a 'continuous' BH all night was good for me or baby!

Mebe its just because there is so much weight now that the muscles are trying to support it? (even with a support pillow under my bump!)

It doesn't happen any other time. Mebe I will try and sleep sitting up!

corblimeymadam Thu 05-Nov-09 12:05:45

Message withdrawn

SpaghettiMama Thu 05-Nov-09 16:29:39

I'm 38 weeks today too and I have been having the same feeling for the past week or so.
I think it's just a muscular thing though so I am not worried.
At the moment I'm hoping for an early delivery... bump gotten so heavy recently!
Just want my baby now... oh and the capability of lacing my trainers up without it being a massive military operation!!!!!
Good luck girls

LauraKB Fri 06-Nov-09 08:57:13

I am getting impatient too - prob means will go over although bump seems so low now!

I gave up on any kind of lace up shoes long ago SpaghettiMama!! Slip ons on zip up boots for me. Although a girl I work with had her baby at the end of October 2 years ago and could only wear flip flops for the last month so I think myself lucky everytime I put shoes on!!

Good luck all, let us know how you get on!

L, x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now