Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

one jab or two/swine flu question

(3 Posts)
jumblies Wed 04-Nov-09 17:47:45

Hi,

I just went to get my swine flu jab as am in the last trimester of pregnancy and had come to the conclusion that I'd better have it.

Anyway I thought that they gave you two jabs with an interval in between for full immunity.
However the doctor said I only needed one as this is deemed enough.

Anyone had just the one jab?

lucy101 Wed 04-Nov-09 17:51:22

I had just one jab - but I am in Dublin at the moment.

I posted today on the long swine flu thread with a link to the Indy saying that pregnant women only needed one... but then I read someone else's post which included a link to the Dept. of Health info. for nurses etc. and that said you needed 2...

I think the advice is changing towards giving one does though... but I could be wrong. I certainly felt happier just taking one dose (Celvapan in my case which is what I felt happiest about taking in any case).

jumblies Wed 04-Nov-09 20:15:15

I think my vaccine was the pandemrix one though hmm

I think I will phone the surgery tomorrow to find out what version I got given...can't believe I forgot to ask.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: