Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PILES advice PLEASE

(15 Posts)
prettyinpunk Wed 04-Nov-09 17:16:19

30 weeks with pg3 and the piles i experienced with no2 have returned again with a vengeance. i'm feeling so uncomfortable that i have no idea how i got through them last time around.

does anyone have any advice...please!!!

i've tried the anusol cream AND suppositories and sudocrem after reading an old thread on here, but neither seem to giving mych relief and are certainly not shrinking them. i live abroad, so don't think germo... (whatever it's called that i've seen mentioned a lot) is available - or the nelsons cream.

bathing helps, and i remember using an ice pack last time around which i shall try again tonight.

i've also tried pushing them back in (sorry blush!) but they just pop out again.

and i use moist loo roll, which is much more soothing temporarily.

and i have no problems with constipation, so i'm putting their appearance down to the pressure and the fact that they're a recurring problem.

have i exhausted the options? please tell me i haven't!! i'm relying on mn-ers to come up with a prize tip (as i sit here on my cushion, eyes watering with the stinging sad...

doingthelambethwalk Wed 04-Nov-09 17:19:35

You need prescription-strength stuff, I think it has steroids in it. Can you get to a doctor where you are?

prettyinpunk Wed 04-Nov-09 17:47:27

yes, i can see a doctor. i was planning to try and see one tomorrow and then beg them for something super-strength!

helips Wed 04-Nov-09 18:49:32

I feel your pain, literally! Had dd 4 days ago and my piles are horrendous! So painful to sit down! Sorry to hijack your thread but I've tried anusol too which isn't working, what's this about Sudocream? Is that meant to do anything? Have got some witch hazel cream which I'm going to use but if anyone else has any tips I would be greatful. Got a second degree tear too so all in all things are not great down below!

Hope things improve for you prettyinpunk and good luck with the birth...

MumNWLondon Wed 04-Nov-09 19:18:08

need to see a doctor....

other tips: found vitamin E helps - i make a small hole in a capsule and squeeze it in, i think does help shrink it. if its itchy try canesten cream. i find bepanthen better than sudocream.

MaMight Wed 04-Nov-09 19:21:12

DON'T WIPE.

Even with moist tissues.

WASH.

Don't wipe.

Bidet? Bum shower? Jump in the shower after a crap?

Seriously. Don't wipe. Wash.

MaMight Wed 04-Nov-09 19:23:32

See?

BellasYummyMummy Wed 04-Nov-09 19:42:03

i had piles earlier on in this PG and found that gently pushing them back in and applying lots of aloe vera gelly really soothing. Thankfully they went away within a few weeks! no doubt they will return when i am squeezing the baby out...!

helips Wed 04-Nov-09 19:46:23

On my midwifes recommendation my lovely dh has just gone out and bought calcium fluoride tablets, witch hazel gel and cypress oil. Hopefully one of these will work...

prettyinpunk Wed 04-Nov-09 19:53:52

sorry...been in the bath for a soothing session! now perched on my cushion having treated with anusol (all i have at the mo).

desperate to get to the doc's, but will also head to the german chemists to see what they have to offer (normally very good at the natural remedies). the idea of cooling witch hazel is giving me strength!

really can't remember how long they lasted with last pg, so they must have come and gone in the last couple of months (she says hopefully...)

MaMight - am liking the washing idea and lol at your old thread!!!

Lionstar Wed 04-Nov-09 19:58:29

Anusol HC (hydrocortisone) is better, but you have to get it over the counter. Also alternating it with Preparation H (contains witchhazel) gets a better effect i.e. a few days on Anusol HC then a few on PH. Ice packs do take away the sting. I've used sudocrem in the past, but will try bepanthen next time.

I shall try the no wiping idea, we have a shower head on the bath which might work, if I can manage to balance! Cleaning the bath will be a bugger though.

beaner07 Wed 04-Nov-09 21:43:50

Hi

Know just how you feel sad.

Agree with BellasMummy - Aloe Vera Gel really works for me, just had a terrible time with the dreaded things at the end of last week (am currently pg with DC3), tried the PH over the weekend, didn't do much but the Aloe Vera Gel has really helped (and bathing with a little Lavender Oil).

I have an Aromathereraphy book also that says Cypress Oil is a natural astringnet and excellent for shrinking piles when a couple of drops are added to the bath, just check it is OK to use first while pg.

Hope you get some relief soon smile.
B

beaner07 Wed 04-Nov-09 21:53:37

Hi - me again.

Just had a quick Google and the first few links said to avoid Cypress Oil in pregnancy so just ignore my bit about that, might be best to use that after the birth if you are still struggling then, hopefully not wink.
B

prettyinpunk Wed 04-Nov-09 22:07:50

thanks beaner - i'll ask the doc about ph.

shame about the cypress oil...

off to bed now, but i have been sitting with an ice pack applied and it does take away the discomfort, so am feeling more encouraged!!

jardins Thu 05-Nov-09 19:24:12

Dear prettyinpunk I feel for you so very much! I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and mine flared up 3 weeks ago. It was painful and demoralising as I was thinking to myself 'if that's how bad they are now, how will they be at 40 weeks?'

TBH I've had mine since the birth of my eldest 13 yrs ago and they come and go without giving me too much grief. This time round however they really got me down What I can't stand is when they bleed if I'm slightly constipated. Has anybody else had bleeding piles? What a question! wink

Flax seed, bought at any health food shop,(I live in France) is ideal for avoiding constipation: just take a spoonful for breakfast with yoghurt or water.

My GP gave me some medication on perscription which tbh I didn't find that helpful. I think you just have to trust in time. Mine have not magically disappeared BUT they have improved in the past 3 weeks. I guess I'm going to be really careful with my diet and drink plenty of water.

I'm with you on this one: you are not alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now