Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy hormones v your body...

(2 Posts)
GuernseyFrench Tue 03-Nov-09 19:05:18

I'm 25w with 1st DC and since week 10 I am getting funny infections - the most recurrent one is a folliculitis (infection of the foliculis on my underarms) I have been under antibiotic for nearly 2 months on and off. I have just finished my last course and after a 5 days break the infection is starting again!! angry
I am sooooooo fed up!!!!

My GP says that the only explanation is that my body combined with the diabetes is reacted badly/against the pregnancy hormones! Great I still have 15w to go... can't wait

Sorry for the rant but just needed to get the pressure & frustration out!

Does anybody else has funny turn during their pregnancy

Lizzylou Wed 04-Nov-09 11:34:48

I had really bad migraines throughout pg, great when you can only take paracetomol! I was told it was due to hormone levels rising. Now I get them when I am pre-menstrual sporadically, but can take decent drugs.

Sounds a right pain for you, but in 15 weeks it will be worth it (and hopefully will have stopped!). Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now