Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help!! reaction after using thrush treatment...??

(3 Posts)
BellasYummyMummy Mon 02-Nov-09 17:52:49

I am 22 weeks PG. Ive been having lots of achey feelings down in my vulva area (sorry tmi blush.) Anyway the doc prescribed me those pessary things incase it was thrush but she didnt think so. She had a look and said everything looked fine.

I noticed today after inserting the last pessary last night that one side of my vulva has really swollen up, and is a bit painful. Has anyone experienced this before? I am hoping the swelling will go down, if not i may give the dr a ring tomorrow.

kcartyparty Mon 02-Nov-09 23:30:01

If you pop on to google and type in
painful, swollen vulva you will find lots of sites with info on what it may be.

Some bacterial infections can cause the swelling. But if you are concerned you should speak to your Doc or go to the walk-in

Best of luck with the pgncy

first1 Tue 03-Nov-09 13:29:04

I'm 12+1 and think I may have thrush but not convinced. Previously I've taken the oral tablet but is that safe in pregnancy or do I need something else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now