Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks pregnant with 3rd DC and no bump. Please reassure me..

(11 Posts)
kidcreoleandthecoconuts Mon 02-Nov-09 16:10:53

So I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have no visible bump...I'm a bit worried tbh. It's my 3rd pregnancy so you'd have thought I would be showing earlier. With my Ds and Dd I was in maternity trousers now with a definite bump. I'm still in my normal clothes and I tried on maternity jeans last week but they were all too big as I have no bump to hold them up. I have my anomaly next week so I guess I'll see then if all is well. I'm also not feeling any flutterings etc. I haven't had a bleed or anything so I'm just guessing that the baby is small? has anyone any experience of this, of not actually feeling pregnant?

flybynight Mon 02-Nov-09 16:18:06

I'm sure everything is fine, kid. Bumps have been known to appear overnight. I'm 16 weeks and I just looked a bit podgy on Saturday morning. By Saturday night I was visibly pregnant!

Did you have a dating scan at 12 weeks?

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Mon 02-Nov-09 16:30:28

They don't offer dating scans where I live. I have just had a booking in appointment with my GP where he did my BP, bloods and urine but no examinations at all.

MumNWLondon Mon 02-Nov-09 22:08:38

i am 16 weeks with number 3 and no bump, although if i lie on my back i can just about feel uterus, although its definately not sticking out. although i was the same with DD and DS. also no flutterings.

can you feel uterus?

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 03-Nov-09 09:25:27

I can definitely feel a hardness in my pelvis so I'm assuming this is uterus. I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing but it has worried me because it's so different to my other pregnancies. Thanks for the replies btw smile

alana39 Tue 03-Nov-09 09:37:38

Like flybynight I suddenly grew a bump with DC3 - I think it was around 16 weeks so not really that different from you. And I didn't feel any movement at all until just after my anomaly scan (turned out I have an anterior placenta which was muffling the movement - saw the bump move before I could feel anything). FWIW I had a bump sooner with DS1 than with DS2, as well, which isn't exactly textbook so try not to worry.

Carrotfly Tue 03-Nov-09 09:39:24

I was still wearing my normal jeans at 17 weeks with my third.

Dont worry ... its fine !

somethinganything Tue 03-Nov-09 09:49:08

Really sympathise - I never seem to get much of a bump. 24 weeks with 2nd DC now and only just beginning to 'look' pregnant and I thought I'd show much faster 2nd time. Having said that I know I'd be panicking if I hadn't had a scan yet so perhaps talk to your MW about your concerns and ask if it's possible to have an early scan or even check you with a doppler. My GP picked up the baby's heart rate at 17 weeks when I was getting a bit paranoid this time round. Hopefully you'll start to feel movements in the next week or so which should be reassuring

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 03-Nov-09 09:56:41

Thanks for the replies. I'll see my midwife a week today when I have my anomaly scan. I could go to my GP in the meantime but I think I'll wait if anythings wrong then there's nothing I can do now. I'd rather wait for the scan. My biggest fear is a MMC. sad. I'm also hoping my bump will appear in the next week!

lumpasmelly Tue 03-Nov-09 12:32:06

At 17 weeks the midwife should be able to hear the heart beat on their monitors, so could you perhaps ask for a quick check at the doctors surgery - if you explain your fears they are usually quite good at organising that sort of thing and it doesn't cost them anything. No point in spending all this time worrying......BTW i am 16 weeks and have a very little bump with DC3 compared to DC2 at this stage (though with DC1 I was in normal clothes at 20 week scan!)

PanicMode Tue 03-Nov-09 12:37:08

Hi there,
I am almost 15 weeks with number 4 and still no bump at all, and neither have I felt many flutterings - which I did earlier and earlier with my previous three.

I have had a scan and have seen a heartbeat and a healthy baby and I can feel my uterus extending - so I am hoping that this one will be small (my last three weren't!) which will help to explain the lack of a bump so far - I thought I'd be enormous by now with the fourth one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now