Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clownface rash...normal in 1st month?

(6 Posts)
upduffed Sun 01-Nov-09 21:05:46

Strange red rash on face cleverly leaving perfect white patch around mouth like clown make-up...plus rather fetching red moustache under nose.

Is it the typical butterfly mask (or the Mask of Pregnancy as they say in the USA) or just a result of hormone surge?

I thought preg-mask was supposed to be freckly-looking, but the rash on my face is more lots of small angry-ish red dots like an allergic reaction. I think it's coverable enough with make-up, luckily, just wondering if anyone had similar?

peanutbutterkid Mon 02-Nov-09 10:15:40

bumping for you. Anything weird can happen to skin in pregnancy, I reckon.

upduffed Mon 02-Nov-09 18:13:48

Yoy're probably right....thanks anyway! smile

sh77 Tue 03-Nov-09 23:29:38

Yes, I had this in my early pregnancy. However, I can't figure out if it is hormonal or heat caused by certain foods. It keeps flaring up. It tends to spred to under eye area also. I have been putting aloe vera gel on it to sooth it. If I get really f'd off, i put a little bit of hydrocortisone mixed in an emollient cream.

upduffed Thu 05-Nov-09 21:11:46

Thanks sh77 - it seems to be going away if I don't have shower too hot etc...another fun thing to give up grin.

Still got a slight red 'tache though..not a full handlebar, more like the Pringles man.

sh77 Fri 06-Nov-09 14:39:33

Funny! I reckon a red tache is better than a crusty, flaky dry skin one. That always happens when my rash is healing. Awful. You can hide a red one with foundation but anything and everything just makes a flaky one stand out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now