Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tights for pregnant women

(19 Posts)
mrsmandm Sun 01-Nov-09 18:50:50

Anyone got any recommendations? I've seen that M&S do some, but can't find them in store - are they just online? The only ones I've seen anywhere else are £25 - FOR TIGHTS! I know this baby lark is expensive, but come on!

varmit Sun 01-Nov-09 19:31:07

I bought a pair in Mothercare for £8. Have worn them a few times so far and they seem good. Hold their shape well and are comfy.

blametheparents Sun 01-Nov-09 19:40:41

I got the M&S ones and they were very good, and not too expensive iirc

DrDoobs Sun 01-Nov-09 20:01:51

M&S only do maternity stuff online - very annoying! John Lewis used to do tights but have just stopped (you might still find some in store - they were reduced in my local JL). Mothercare must do surely?

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 01-Nov-09 20:05:01

H&M do maternity tights and funky ones too!

butterscotch Sun 01-Nov-09 22:06:11

New Look & H&M do them but I found them crap quality last time this time I've gone to Mothercare £21 for 4 pairs shock but they are thicker (40denier) so hopefully they will last the course!

mrsmandm Sun 01-Nov-09 22:17:12

Thanks everyone! BTW Gap has some lovely maternity stuff in at the mo - got a knitted grey wrap dress last weekend and already worn it twice.

tostaky Mon 02-Nov-09 09:41:32

Got some tights from mamas and papas - they seem good. They costs me £12 and i got them in purple as they didnt have black anymore. but i tried them home, and really im too old to wear purple tights.
If anyone wants them (brand new, just tried on, still have the packaging), i'll send them to you for £10 with postage.
Size M chmarceau at gmail.com

Does Gap do mat tights? i need black ones...

KittyTN Mon 02-Nov-09 11:38:14

I need some proper dressing up tights - ie low denier, nude (28 weeks bump). I saw some called Spanx on Mama a la mode, I think, but silly price. Also they seem to major on the control side - do they cause terrible wind/pain? Can anyone recommend any that might be good?

tethersend Mon 02-Nov-09 11:54:57

KittyTn, the mama spanx are worth every penny IME- they support and 'lift' the bump and are incredibly comfortable to wear.

tethersend Mon 02-Nov-09 11:56:02

But FFS, don't ladder them the first time you put them on blush

CakeBuddy Mon 02-Nov-09 12:23:46

I bought some H&M maternity tights last week - they were ?18 for two pairs (which I thought was expensive) and are RUBBISH! Not comfortable, kept falling down, and got a hole after one day at the waist band from me constantly pulling them up. Waste of money.

I then went to a cheapo clothes shop and bought normal tights in the biggest size they sell for ?3.99 and they're FABULOUS! (Admittedly I am 6 foot and a pre-pregnancy a size 16 so needed the BIG size!)

Someone did suggest wearing normal tights backwards so the two seams are at the front (as per maternity tights) but these have got the shaped heel so not possible.

Shiregirl Mon 02-Nov-09 12:29:09

Message withdrawn

KittyTN Mon 02-Nov-09 12:50:40

Tethersend thanks - I will invest in some Spanx!

Shiregirl agree re hold ups but this particular dress requires wobbly bum coverage, sorry if tmi!

blondieminx Mon 02-Nov-09 13:50:43

Dorothy Perkins and Mothercare both do good tights which seem to wash well. Mothercare even has some in teal and cerise. Think they were £6.

Don't bother with the Next ones - they are utterly hopeless. They ride down the bump then down your legs leaving you with a dreadful nora batty type problem oh and the pair I got laddered the first time I wore them. And they were £8!

londonlottie Mon 02-Nov-09 14:14:04

Message withdrawn

Eliza70 Mon 02-Nov-09 15:20:41

Topshop - do 120 denier ones!! Great, go over the bump and very comfy, £8 per pair. I recommend wearing a vest as well as this helps stop the tights slipping over the bump.

General moan tho about how poor maternity clothes are - sooooo frumpy!!!

Abubu Mon 02-Nov-09 16:07:34

If you go to a Tesco Extra you should be able to find them.

£4 for a pack of 2 15 denier. I got some last week.

I'm not sure they will be quite big enough round the waist to last me throughout but certainly ok for second trimester.

FluffyCoo Mon 02-Nov-09 17:17:17

I feel I need to put in a good word for the New Look ones - bought a bright pink pair at the weekend for a fiver - comfy, well over the bump and are nice and thick. They do black too...

I've also found that Boots normal support tights are really good if you need a "flesh coloured" pair - I'm in size 16 maternity clothes and I bought the extra large size which accommodate my bump in comfort!

I agree with Eliza70 a lot of maternity clothes are either horrid or over-priced... what is it with all the black?! we're not in mourning!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now