Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding at 37 weeks...

(9 Posts)
shoesies Sun 01-Nov-09 18:27:41

I'm 37+4 and have had totally uncomplicated pregnancy so far - just went to the loo and there was a bit of red blood after wiping.

I've got no pains at all and baby has been moving about as usual today - but do you think this is something to call the midwife about? Has anyone else experienced bleeding at this stage? Any advice gratefully received!

henryhuggins Sun 01-Nov-09 18:30:18

yes I'd get checkout out - I bled off and on from 30 weeks and dd born at 36 weeks due to placenta previa. best to get it checkout out

MadameDuBain Sun 01-Nov-09 18:32:45

This happened to me at 37 weeks too - it was cervical erosion and stopped by itself, but I was scared at the time. Do get it checked just in case.

Nicadooby Sun 01-Nov-09 19:30:56

Yes i would call the midwife to get it checked i had a bleed at 23 weeks, i was asked alot if we had had sex in the last 24 hours as it can make you bleed.

shoesies Sun 01-Nov-09 20:02:48

Thanks! I will give her a call first thing in the morning

crankytwanky Mon 02-Nov-09 09:51:43

Is it mucousy? It could be a show.
Is it post coital?
Does thou haveth piles?
Have you tried to, ahem, shave down there recently. (I only ask, as I was worried about my 21 week bleeding until the penny dropped.blush)

I'd call your MW, or your local mat unit if you can't get hold of her.

shoesies Mon 02-Nov-09 11:06:55

Spoke to the midwife this morning - she wasn't concerned and said not to worry unless it happened again with lots of blood.

She did ask if I had had lots of sex blush I said no - at nearly 38 weeks is ANYONE having lots of sex?!

crankytwanky - no piles or shaving incidents thank god wink

Bubbaloo2 Mon 02-Nov-09 12:56:20

I reckon its a show.. lucky you, its could be coming anytime soon!

henryhuggins Mon 02-Nov-09 18:55:09

oh that's good.
good luck when it kicks off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now