Talk

Advanced search

HYPERMESIS

(8 Posts)
ilovesprouts Sun 01-Nov-09 13:59:17

hi my dd is 14+2days but has really bad hypermesis sad,shes been in hospital one on a drip and they sent her home whith some tablets to stop her being sick ,she was ok on fri but since then she been really sick after every meal ,was gonna ring nhs direct ,but they wont do anything will they ? i dont know what else to do ,she looks very pale !

sassy Sun 01-Nov-09 14:02:06

I would call the hospital who treated her. If she is still not keeping anything down the tablets won't stay in either and she will be dehydrated again v quickly.

She has my sympathy - I had this in both pgs and it is grim. I did find it settled at about 15 wks though - still felt sick and needed the pills but not actually vomiting from then on.

jlo1234 Sun 01-Nov-09 17:40:08

im 31 weeks today and i suffered with hyperemesis until i was around 18 weeks (luckily it isnt still affecting me) i was in hospital on a drip 6 times for about a week each time and they tried me on a few different tablets each time. my mum used to ring the ward for me and explained i was being sick again and they told her to bring me in straight away. they may tell you to go to your gp and he will probably just send u back to the hospital. if she goes in on a drip again make sure she drinks water until it is coming out of her ears as this helped me. i only figured out it worked the last time i came out of hospital and have been ok since. if she is feeling really sick though she wont want to drink anything so be patient with her and understand that when she says she feels sick she really does feel like death. me and my partners relationship ended because he couldnt get his head around how ill i was. good luck and hope all is ok

Chickenshavenolips Sun 01-Nov-09 17:43:44

Hi I suffered with severe hyperemesis in both my pregnancies. Is your DD managing to keep down fluids? How many times a day is she actually vomiting? If she is managing to keep down fluids, she won't get dehydrated, and she can manage on small amounts of food. Eating little and often can help in milder cases. What medication is she taking?

ilovesprouts Mon 02-Nov-09 12:45:31

evrything she ate yesterday came back up shes on cyclzine !! x3

jlo1234 Mon 02-Nov-09 15:26:48

is her tounge yellow?
if shes really listless she may need to go back into hospital, i know its not nice but its the best place for her, even if it just gives her a break from feeling so crap for a few days. the cyclezine didnt work for me either so they put me on avomine which didnt and then i took both together which seemed to work, i was taking 3 avomine and 3 cyclezine a day. if she goes in again make sure she drinks lots when she comes home coz since i did this i havent been back in hospital x

ilovesprouts Mon 02-Nov-09 18:53:24

hi shes kept all her food down today ,so we will see how she gets on

jlo1234 Mon 02-Nov-09 20:58:54

fingers crossed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now