Talk

Advanced search

Would you bother going to this?

(6 Posts)
HeadFairy Sun 01-Nov-09 10:28:29

I've just moved to a new hospital at 32 weeks so I've got to get my skates on a bit... I've only just been booked in etc and I'm playing catch up a bit. I've been told I should to to a VBAC class for an hour tomorrow. On the letter it says only bring your children if you are happy they won't distract you. Now I've tried and tried and tried but I can't get anyone to look after ds for this hour so my choice is to not go (after all surely I can learn all I need to about VBACs from Mnet? ) or take my very boisterous 2 year old who I know will distract me. I will of course take toys etc but that'll only keep him going for a few minutes.

Has anyone been to something similar, and was it really useful to you? Do you think I should go and just accept that ds will distract me a bit but it's better than not going at all?

HeadFairy Sun 01-Nov-09 10:29:04

Oh, and it's the only class that's got any space left, so I can't change the date.

asuwere Sun 01-Nov-09 13:29:53

personally, I would skip it. As you say, you can do lots of research yourself and if there is anything specific you want/need to know, then you can discuss with your MW at any appointment.

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 01-Nov-09 13:38:51

Nah, don't bother. MN is miles better than any antenatal classes - or at least it covers more view points!

not worth the hassle of taking a toddler with you IMO.

Tangle Sun 01-Nov-09 14:52:19

The only advantage I can see in going is that you'll find out first hand what the policy in your new hospital is regarding things like CFM and water birth for VBAC and just how they'd expect to handle a VBAC in general. All of which you could get from talking to the MW in a routine appointment as long as they're not too pushed for time. (Not that you have to follow their policy, but its nice to know what their starting point is...)

Maybe book a double appointment so that you'll have time to discuss things if you think going with DS is just going to be too distracting?

HeadFairy Sun 01-Nov-09 15:16:41

Tangle, I've already had a little chat with the mw about their VBAC policy... they do prefer CFM but you can come off for a bit if you need to move around. However the majority of the time they prefer you to be on it. No water birth, but I can use a bath if I need to, but I have to get out for monitoring.

I am seeing the consultant in a couple of weeks to discuss my options so I suppose I could get a pretty good idea about their VBAC policy then too, plus I'll have just had another scan to see if this transverse baby has moved. If she hasn't then this whole conversation is a bit moot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now